Channel 9 coverage yesterday.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Killer03

Bencher
Specifically I'm talking about the under 20s. What an absolute joke. Interviews during the game with wally and petero, which were annoying (especially when they had the camera on them when the game was going), but at least there was some reason (however fickle). But then to interview people from the block and then 2 cowgirl Neville supporters?????? Seriously what was all that about?

Even my family (roosters supporters) were blowing up and saying this is a joke.

Nine are trying to innovate, but in reality they are detracting from the overall day coverage. No idea who the personalities are in charge of direction and production at 9 but they are the ones responsible. You dont need to mess with a simple formula

Let's not forget that they don't do the 20's in the normal course of the year , that's Foxtels patch.

I have Foxtel so watched the 20's and State Championship and then turned over.

I much prefer the Foxtel coverage and would be delighted if it was them doing all the games instead of Nein, but understand that in free to air land that's not going to happen.

The Foxtell coverage of the two earlier games was excellent.
Was there another match after the Ipswich win?

I thought the State game was done really well , Kimmorley death riding us in the 20's was the only downside to the two games .

Let's not forget that they don't do the 20's in the normal course of the year , that's Foxtels patch.

I have Foxtel so watched the 20's and State Championship and then turned over.

I much prefer the Foxtel coverage and would be delighted if it was them doing all the games instead of Nein, but understand that in free to air land that's not going to happen.

I did the same Mark. If only Fox were allowed to keep covering until the end.
But Nein would never allow that. Their audience would be cut in half and they know it.

My fav part of the day was the dribble about Kahu's corner. 5 mins after bragging about how this coverage is going around the world etc that's the **** they come up with. Hopeless and unprofessional.
And all the pre game puff pieces on players set to classical music etc is a pile of ****e as well.
The game itself is the spectacle and I think the average Joe gets the importance of the occasion and the drama involved without phil Gould having to tell us.
The pre game dribble was summed up best when Gilbert asked Lockyer...... "So, what do you think of Thurston?" What a nothing question with an obvious answer.

Unfortunately I was at a house without foxtel, so had to suffer the Nine wankfest.
How disrespectful was that to the 20's players, families, and supporters!......and when they did bother to commentate you copped Fittler ( who obviously hadn't had a snort at that stage of the game).

Watched the 20s at a mates place (penrith supporter argh) on fox and it was really good but it us their gig, foxtel are sponsors of the 20s. Nine commentary of the main game was appalling its embarrassing for the game.

Specifically I'm talking about the under 20s. What an absolute joke. Interviews during the game with wally and petero, which were annoying (especially when they had the camera on them when the game was going), but at least there was some reason (however fickle). But then to interview people from the block and then 2 cowgirl Neville supporters?????? Seriously what was all that about?

Even my family (roosters supporters) were blowing up and saying this is a joke.
yep, behind their desk talking about Qld .. during a GF with two Sydney teams... they are woeful

Unfortunately I was at a house without foxtel, so had to suffer the Nine wankfest.
How disrespectful was that to the 20's players, families, and supporters!......and when they did bother to commentate you copped Fittler ( who obviously hadn't had a snort at that stage of the game).

The worst part about Fittler commentating was that he was all praise for Penrith (shock horror), but other than that all he could do was try and find fault with Tommy. And the laughable part was that all he could come up with was his kick offs.

Nein's coverage of the Holden Cup GF was disgraceful at best.

Fittler is a clown. A likely victim of inbreeding and in possession of an IQ that just barely allows him to function as a human being.

Fortunately for him he could play football. Unfortunately for us, that was sufficient qualification for him to become a Channel 9 commentator.

Last edited:
Best part of the day was Gordon Tallis saying something hilarious after JT hit the post....

"Who painted that?"

great call

My fav part of the day was the dribble about Kahu's corner. 5 mins after bragging about how this coverage is going around the world etc that's the **** they come up with. Hopeless and unprofessional.
And all the pre game puff pieces on players set to classical music etc is a pile of ****e as well.
The game itself is the spectacle and I think the average Joe gets the importance of the occasion and the drama involved without phil Gould having to tell us.
The pre game dribble was summed up best when Gilbert asked Lockyer...... "So, what do you think of Thurston?" What a nothing question with an obvious answer.

Not only was it going around the world, but Rabbs would often go off on a tangent and start promoting their other shows like the Block bla bla bla , WTF.

The whole media landscape has unfortunately been trashed from fragmentation. Once they were strong and gave viewers whatever they wanted. Now they have to pander to advertisers by incessant cross promotion of their cheap to produce lifestyle/reality shows.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2