Channel 9 news special on Drugs in sport

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
susan said:
Apologies Kiwi.One of the greatest cricketers of all time should not be memtioned in the same sentence as that fool.

I just missed his career but have seen the highlights, including "hadlees a wanker" being chanted from the hills haha

i was at the gabba in 81 I think when he bagged 15 wickets against us.I rate him in the same class as the great DK Lillee.Turner,Bond.Crowe and Hadlee probably the 4 absolute world class kiwis I have seen.

Hadlee is the standout best Kiwi cricketer of all time for my money.

Once saw him in a red scarf methinks. The other one is distinguishable by the red neck.

I liked big Lance Cairns from the NZ side of that era. He had the rounded shoulder bat and when he hit them......boy, they stayed hit!!

Bond could have been anything had he been able to stay on the park, he would have been lucky to play 30 Tests given his injury record. A NZ Watson.

Hadlee tore us a new one in '85/'86. That is without doubt one of the finest bowling performances in a series I have ever seen. He had it on a string and made us look like park cricketers.

Chris Cairns killed it his last few years, if he could have gotten through his career injury free he would have been an all time great, but wasn't to be
Lance and Chris started a fudge business which was right beside my work a while back.

Have had some good ones but lack consistency to be top liners, Williamson is full of potential though. Saw Astles 222 live, was amazing to watch, went from 100 to 200 in 39 balls

Good effort to get this topic onto NZ cricket history lol

While we are off the subject I remember the test at the gabba in 85 first innings hadlee destroyed us took 9 wickets and the 10th catch. He should of dropped it he could of got 10 for

All the greats. Martin Snedden, Jeremy Coney (waving the white flag/hanky), Ewen Chatfield. What about the great Kiwi bats Danny Morrison and Chris Martin, quality.

Sory 85 it was.

Hadlee was also a great hitter.Would have been a 20/20 superstar..Warne was asked once who played him best.Tendulkah and Cairns were first off the rank.High praise indeed.

I heard somewhere the other day that Chris Cairns has hit the most sixes off warnie of all the batsman who faced him.

Let's do our Greatest Beige and Brown X1

Wright
(Edgar / Astle??)
M. Crowe
Fleming
Turner
McCullum
Hadlee
C. Cairns
Vettori
Bond
Morrison / Martin

mozgrame said:
I liked big Lance Cairns from the NZ side of that era. He had the rounded shoulder bat and when he hit them......boy, they stayed hit!!

Apparently that asteroid that's about to pass close by is really a Lance Cairns six returning back to orbit!

Richardson might be worth a look as opener, nothing flashy but got the job done. Southee has the potential to take a fast bowling slot by the time he is done

Will always remember 1 Cairns shot off Warne, he jumped side on at the crease and it finished up being a straight drive over square leg and out of the ground. He was a freak in that series

Haha I remember that shot, amazing.

Chris Cairns and Bond were two of my favourite cricketers, great to watch. Maybe if they'd taken some PED's they'd have never been injured, and who would complain about that apart from their opposition?

Wright
Fleming(capt)
John Ried
Andrew Jones
Martin Crowe
Glen Turner
McCullum
Chris Cairns
Richard Hadlee
Dan Vettori
Shane Bond

12th Lance Cairns

Kiwi will put Mathew Sinclair in his side, he loved that gumby.

Chris Harris would get close to a start in their One Day side? Astle would be there for sure.

That's because he's an Aussie. Just like Steve Devine is KE's favourite All Black. He knows pedigree when he sees it.

I was talking Test XI by the way, just taking the P with the Brown and Beige uniform. John Reid I have heard good things about, but never saw him play.

Volley said:
Kiwi will put Mathew Sinclair in his side, he loved that gumby.

Chris Harris would get close to a start in their One Day side? Astle would be there for sure.

Bloody Chris Harris he looked and played like a club cricketer but some how he would always get big break thrus in one day games. He was a game changer that bloke.

mozgrame said:

I destroyed a perfectly good SS bat by shaving the shoulders off it, Lance Cairns style.

Didn't help me to hit the ball any better though.

Haha Matt Sinclair is my bunny mate so gotta rate him, knocked his poles over a few times in a net session. He still churns out plenty of runs domestically

Harry is a great bloke !! Used to play for my club side and was great to have around the few times we got him. He is a bit like Cliffy, still playing 1st grade cricket up in Auckland and producing

Bert Sutcliffe would make the best ever side, was another guy Donnelly back in the day as well

Flick through to 4.22 for that Cairns shot, the look on Warnes face says it all
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91alCxl_wRs

haha - Gold. Top shot that.

I think it's pretty safe to say that this thread has been totally hijacked now.

Appropriate photo or clip please GE.

@[globaleagle]

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8