Channel 9 - Origin Coverage

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bob dylan

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Yet another disgraceful effort from the buffoons that run the show there.

Ads during the coverage drove me crazy.

Post game was 90% ads.

What about Fittler interviewing Pierce, I thought it was Dumb and Dumber.

Pity they cant work it out a bit better because I like the panel with Lewis, Sterling, Johns etc and of course Ray Warren.

I pray every day they lose the TV rights.

Something that raised my eyebrows was the ad for the Rugby Union World Cup that they are televising.

I mean one of Rugby League's biggest event's had just finished and then they go over there coverage of the Union World Cup.

Does the 9 commentary go into Qld? Or do they have their own team? If not, I'd be ropable if I was a Qlder. The idiots on the 9 team are all biased in favour of NSW and are all ex-NSW players with the exception of Prince/Vautin. Johns and Fittler just don't cut it as talking heads.

DSM5 said:
Does the 9 commentary go into Qld? Or do they have their own team? If not, I'd be ropable if I was a Qlder. The idiots on the 9 team are all biased in favour of NSW and are all ex-NSW players with the exception of Prince/Vautin. Johns and Fittler just don't cut it as talking heads.

9 Commentary.

Was disappointed this year couldn't find Roy and HG's commentary, always good for a laugh.

I hope the 3 people that were watching in Kansas appreciated the tutorial from Ray warren! seriously every 4 minutes "for those watching the game for the 1st time in the US" shut up mate the only people watching the tv at that time of the morning in the us are homeless people watching thru the window of a shop or hookers in between shifts.

Ive actually got a mate from here who is in vagass, for a week long bucks party who was glad it was on over there :)

DSM5 said:

It's the same mob DSM. They don't have their own commentary team, just the mob from Sydney's 9

9 and the Daily Tele made a big deal of the US telecast didn't they? Pats on the back all round, Rusty helped out etc. Made it sound as if it was a huge new achievement..

I watched the whole 1995 series live in the US, so the old ARL must have been doing alright.

The fact that they continually got the tackle count wrong is VERY annoying. My 4 friends, my Dad and I ended up counting the tackles ourselves.. sometimes the tackle count jumped from 3rd to 5th tackle.

Yeah I watched 2004 game 1 in Vegas in an English pub, so I'm not sure why the big deal was made this year. I'm all for promoting the game world wide, but I don't remember hearing NFL commentators describing every 4th play to overseas viewers during the superbowl.

lloydy said:
Yeah I watched 2004 game 1 in Vegas in an English pub, so I'm not sure why the big deal was made this year. I'm all for promoting the game world wide, but I don't remember hearing NFL commentators describing every 4th play to overseas viewers during the superbowl.

I think that Rabbits just like to hear the sound of his own voice and to make himself seem important.

To add to channel nines dismal coverage is that it wasn't shown in HD or 3D (when every second ad was about a new 3d tv)....Glad I have Fox to at least watch the replay in glorious high def.

Apparently it was screened live into the USA on the fox network yet not into even half of Australia...quicker nine piss off the better.

The Eagle said:
Sooty Fan said:
I thought James Blunt was good! ;)

He was,what was that song btw?
The 10 tenors were awful

I wish they(whoever is doing it) would just sing the national anthem as it is supposed to be sung instead of trying to tart it up and make it their own.

Joey21 said:
To add to channel nines dismal coverage is that it wasn't shown in HD or 3D (when every second ad was about a new 3d tv)....Glad I have Fox to at least watch the replay in glorious high def.

Apparently it was screened live into the USA on the fox network yet not into even half of Australia...quicker nine piss off the better.

NZ got in HD

Joey21 said:

Couldn't agree with you more Joey.
They can get the game live into friggin Abu Dabi, outer Mongolia and even Timbuktu but not into Perth or Adelaide. Farking pathetic. Someone should dead set be shot.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6