Channel 9 puts ratings before Sea Eagles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

tookey

First Grader
Whatever you think of Manly, they have been dudded royally over the NRL finals schedule. To finish second and then have to play a team ranked lower than you in their backyard is outrageous. Throw in the fact Souths will have an extra two days to prepare and no wonder blood pressures are rising on Sydney's northern beaches. Manly should have at least been given an extra day's rest but Channel 9 demanded that the high-rating Rabbitohs appear on Friday night. And as we all know, what Chanel 9 wants, Channel 9 gets. Choosing his words carefully, Manly coach Geoff Toovey told The Repeat Set: "Until the NRL take full control of the draw and the system then there is always going to be bias one way or the other. The AFL don't let the TV dictate. How can it be an even system when the TV networks pick the draw? How can that be a fair and even system?" They are all valid questions.

Choc not so tops

Anthony Watmough has taken to social media to deny reports he has signed a three-year deal with Parramatta starting 2016. But where there is smoke there is fire. Choc's future will become a lot clearer once Manly's premiership campaign is over and not too many at Brookvale will stand in his way if he can sort himself a deal elsewhere next year. Watmough's departure – on top of Glenn Stewart's exit - would give the Sea Eagles some real breathing space under the salary cap.

The schedule also gives Easts a big advantage over the 'Riff. Why couldn't they play that match on Sunday afternoon, giving the 'Riff a little bit longer to recover?

The Who said:
The schedule also gives Easts a big advantage over the 'Riff. Why couldn't they play that match on Sunday afternoon, giving the 'Riff a little bit longer to recover?

This.

If the clubs doubted where they stood in the eyes of the NRL, they have little doubt now.

The Riff have been shafted even worse than us.

The irony is for once the Broncos don't get the Friday match, when really they should. Yes a little unfair on The Cowboys but they aren't travelling.
OK, so our reward for finishing second is a shorter turn-around after a long trip and to virtually play in our opponent's backyard.
Still in times past Manly have responded well to adversity, however I fear the club is fractured at the moment.
I want to believe but it's difficult

Don't forget for one second that Gyngell, the boss at 9 is a Rorter's fan.

I truly hate this mob with a passion, they are a cancer that needs cutting out . By the time they have finished rubbishing a once great game it will be sadly too late.

Arko-admirer said:
The irony is for once the Broncos don't get the Friday match, when really they should. Yes a little unfair on The Cowboys but they aren't travelling.
OK, so our reward for finishing second is a shorter turn-around after a long trip and to virtually play in our opponent's backyard.
Still in times past Manly have responded well to adversity, however I fear the club is fractured at the moment.
I want to believe but it's difficult

Cows would be loving it.

They prefer Saturday nights as a lot of their supporters from the bush make the trip in for a Saturday night game- the joint will be packed.

Hope they beat the bongos by 40.

Simple solution.

Minor premiers get first choice. The team 2 then team 5.

simon64 said:
The Who said:

This.

If the clubs doubted where they stood in the eyes of the NRL, they have little doubt now.

The Riff have been shafted even worse than us.

We have been shafted worse. Riff didn't travel & have 5 full days to recover. We lost yesterday to travel. We only have 4 full days to recover. The National Rabbitohs League at it's finest. A gigantic rort. Fuk them all.

You know what would band this bunch together?

Have Toovey hold a press conference and tell all the journos the whole Manly team is on a media ban until the week before the grand final (if they get that far).

Basically a big F.U to the NRL and their jockeys.

But Mick, its South Sydney's turn to win the competition. Winning the NRL must be shared around each year (unbeknown to the teams participating)

Sea Eagles time bomb

The simmering powder-keg at Manly is two to three weeks away from finally imploding.
Senior players are privately angered by recent events but have refrained from saying anything while the team is still alive in the race for the premiership.
It will be on for young and old when their season is over - and reports of Anthony Watmough's possible departure only adds fuel to the fire.
The most explosive interview of the year will be Glenn Stewart when he opens up to the media.
He has vowed to tell the full story of the bitter feud with club management.

http://www.sportal.com.au/league/nrl-premiership/the-lurker---nrl-rumour-file---monday/1efwzyhh13pjx1eq0jp1bye7e4

tookey said:
Sea Eagles time bomb

The simmering powder-keg at Manly is two to three weeks away from finally imploding.
Senior players are privately angered by recent events but have refrained from saying anything while the team is still alive in the race for the premiership.
It will be on for young and old when their season is over - and reports of Anthony Watmough's possible departure only adds fuel to the fire.
The most explosive interview of the year will be Glenn Stewart when he opens up to the media.

http://www.sportal.com.au/league/nrl-premiership/the-lurker---nrl-rumour-file---monday/1efwzyhh13pjx1eq0jp1bye7e4

Oh goody I can't wait for that!!

Thanks NRL. Its all made worse if we lose on Friday night as the winner from the bottom 8 we play will have home field against us in Wk 2. So that could mean another trip to Townsville.

tookey said:

Come off it. There is no bombshell unless Manly had room under the salary cap to pay Gift what he was wanting to stay. Anything else isn't news at all. Manly aren't the Storm so buying boats for players isn't on. The NRL, the other clubs and media all wanted Manly cut down by the cap and its happening.

Brissie Kid said:
Its all made worse if we lose on Friday night as the winner from the bottom 8 we play will have home field. So that could mean another trip to Townsville.

No that is wrong sorry Brissie Kid. If we lose on Friday we host the winner of the storm vs dogs game back @ SFS probably next Saturday night.

All games from next week onwards will be played in Sydney because all top 4 teams come from here- no chance for an outer Sydney team to host a game( so the storm and cowboys games this week will be the only games played outside of Sydney this finals series)

Hope this helps explains things

davohan123 said:
No that is wrong sorry Brissie Kid. If we lose on Friday we host the winner of the storm vs dogs game back @ SFS probably next Saturday night.

All games from next week onwards will be played in Sydney because all top 4 teams come from here- no chance for an outer Sydney team to host a game( so the storm and cowboys games this week will be the only games played outside of Sydney this finals series)

Hope this helps explains things

Well i am glad i got that wrong.

Enjoy what happens during the phase before the next media rights deal. You can all feel a sense of justification as we rise above 9 and their overall ratings drop.

I know it will be sweet.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4