Channel Nein steals Channel 10's show

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
This Friday night, Nein's football coverage has been renamed THE BIGGEST LOSER. It features the Tigers and Broncos in two matches that will go a long way to determining which club bombed most badly this season.
It's a scheduling triumph.
No one would rather watch matches that count towards the premiership, rather than the wooden spoon, would they? After all, there's only:
Many V Melbourne
Dogs V Panthers
Sharks V Cowboys
Easts V Titans
to choose from.
Great work Nein. And don't blame the season's schedule for causing this. You selected these TV matches from round 20 onwards.
Perhaps your promotions for the matches can focus on which of The Biggest Losers can claim the coveted Chocolate Spoon. I guess that's already decided; The Broncos win that because we viewers are being spoon-fed a diet of Broncos every Friday night.
I look forward to watching how that diet can include a little Eel. Yum. Really tasty viewing!

Free to air means NOT picking the best games, just whatever rates wher it's shown....last night we had ( as always ) Donkeys V whoever they play every Friday night.......the fact the Titans and Cowboys doing better is lost on Nein.

I understand living in QLD we have I have a local team first BUT really!!!

Yeah and to think we were whinging about not knowing what the schedule was and nine now having to pick games months out.

I had this complaint a couple of weeks ago when we beat the Warriors in Gosford. Two of Nine's games that round were Eels v Tigers (16 v 15) on the Friday night, and then on the Sunday we cop Broncos v Dragons (12 v 14). Nine managed to show 4 of the bottom 5 teams, while ignoring other games which involved the top 8 (e.g. Manly v NZ or 3 v 10).

Nine isn't the home of rugby league as they like to claim. Nine is interested in nothing more than ratings, but because the TV deal is the NRL's 'Golden Egg' we have to put up with constantly watching crap. Seriously, in the past 4 or 5 weeks I think we've seen every game played by Brisbane, Wests and Parramatta and none of them are going to make the 8 (IMO the Donkeys won't make it, not after their loss to Penrith last night).

And shock horror, the only team in the 8 that Nine has been consistently showing for the past few weeks is Souths. As Fatty said in his 1987 GF victory speech about Canberra, for Souths I hope the last page of the fairy tale has been ripped out. Actually I hope the last few pages of that book are ripped out.

don't watch the footy till they get it right,thats what i do had a gut full of the broncos some times living in qld sucks

amberg11 said:
don't watch the footy till they get it right,thats what i do had a gut full of the broncos some times living in qld sucks

Hey, I live South of Canberra and I have to suffer the donkeys too. I have no free to air, so I get satellite FTA through the vast satellite system which is the North Qld station Imparja.

Ralphie said:
amberg11 said:

Hey, I live South of Canberra and I have to suffer the donkeys too. I have no free to air, so I get satellite FTA through the vast satellite system which is the North Qld station Imparja.

yeah same here for me only Imparja

Your being harsh. That Storm v Eels game, what a thriller. I couldn't split them until the Maurice Blair try in the 78 minute. What a game!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6