Channel Nine boss Jeff Browne confident his station will win right to broadcast NRL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan

CHANNEL 9 boss Jeff Browne has boldly declared the battle for rugby league broadcast rights is effectively over before it even starts, saying: "We want the broadcast rights - and we'll win them."

Read the full article

I hope coverage is spread across other networks to stop Nein's monopoly on schedules, and clashes with other sports in hordes.

They really are arrogant SOBs at Channel 9 and their hubris is the exact reason why they have lost #1 status on free-to-air and will probably go out the door bacwards.

"We do rugby league best". If he surveyed his customer base I think he would find the opposite. But they don't care what the public thinks, they're too busy preparing their next pitch of lies to gulible advertisers who are becoming fewer and farther between.

No I think he's deadly serious unfortunately. The NRL ought to survey the fans before they do this TV deal, so they can see what they really think about the current state of affairs.

Tomorrow I shall be streaming the Manly vs Tigers game through my iPod (via a site I can't mention) and straight onto my TV and will watch the game live from 6.30. A luxury not afforded me by Channel 9 by sheer virtue of living in Queensland and not being a Broncos supporter. This is the future for these dimwits.

I would love to see a 'pilot' type game from channels 7 and Ten. Just to see what they could offer. Would be interesting!

Ch9 can get ****ed.
They don't deserve to go anywhere near RL.
WA, VIC, SA, TAS and NT viewers have been treated with contempt.
The pricks decide to show the game at 1am here in Perth and then have the gal to suggest no one watches the games.
What the **** do they expect. If it was up to me I would piss them off today and bring in Ch7 and Ch10.
Ch9 had their opportunity and failed terribly. Time for a change for the betterment of the game.

Ch9 are far from perfect, but I think people are a little bit delusional if they think another FTA network will be any better. Ch7 and 10 are pretty ordinary in their pre & post match shows they do for live sport. I think Ch9 leaves them for dead in this regard. I don't think 9 will lose the rights, they can't afford to. I just hope that what they have to pay for the sport this time around leads them to treating it a bit better.

Matabele said:
No I think he's deadly serious unfortunately. The NRL ought to survey the fans before they do this TV deal, so they can see what they really think about the current state of affairs.

Tomorrow I shall be streaming the Manly vs Tigers game through my iPod (via a site I can't mention) and straight onto my TV and will watch the game live from 6.30. A luxury not afforded me by Channel 9 by sheer virtue of living in Queensland and not being a Broncos supporter. This is the future for these dimwits.

please email that site :) or should i just watching on my gold coast mate Justins TV ?

Cambo said:
Matabele said:

please email that site :) or should i just watching on my gold coast mate Justins TV ?

I reckon you're best off watching it at Justin's place mate. On the Gold Coast you seem to be able to pick up the NSW feed anyway. If you do you will make Justin an APPY bloke, check out his store and all the iPods and iPhones and iPads he has there.

Masked Eagle said:
Ch9 are far from perfect, but I think people are a little bit delusional if they think another FTA network will be any better. Ch7 and 10 are pretty ordinary in their pre & post match shows they do for live sport. I think Ch9 leaves them for dead in this regard.

What? Like the Thursday night Footy Show?

I hate the nine coverage and what this bloke says is delusional. They have a nation wide TV network and, outside NSW, their coverage of our great game is pathetic. WAMF is correct in his analysis. The game should go with the network that will show our game live in all states. Matas is correct. Unless they get their act together the internet is the way to watch in the future. I can't understand why the League hasn't followed the AFL in demanding an exclusive channel for league off FOX.

Channel 9 can only get it as long as the IC help dictate how the game is shown. No more of this two games on Friday night crap. I would prefer a Thursday night and Friday night game, or 3 games on Sunday.

The other caveat would be more dollars and no gus gould.

I will say and I will say it regrettably, Joey Johns has obviously been having speech an elocution lessons and sounds much better now.

As for Friday night, well i am lucky that Oz tag was moved to Friday night this week, so will be tied up refereeing the last game at 8 which means, time for a beer, time to get home, have a shower and watch the game, and will be too pumped up from playing sport to fall asleep as well.

Then up early to take Matilda to swimming lessons, ahh the weeknds take too long to get here and are gone too soon

Speaking of the Johns boys, Mathew Johns always seems drunk or at least under the weather when he's on. I watched a show last night with him on it and all his contributions were smut and wink wink stuff. Just not funny if he's meant to be the clown on the show.

9 gets the last rights option for the NRL rights, just like FOX do. Unless 7 and 10 offer an outrageous price (which 10 can't afford and 7 doesn't have the scheduling time due to the AFL) 9 will get the rights, end of story. The question is, how far can 10 push 9 to pay up? It's up to 7 and 10 to make sure that 9 has to pay through the neck to keep the rights for the NRL. In the end, we'll all be better off as a whole so I'll be happy with the game staying on 9.

DSM5 said:
Speaking of the Johns boys, Mathew Johns always seems drunk or at least under the weather when he's on. I watched a show last night with him on it and all his contributions were smut and wink wink stuff. Just not funny if he's meant to be the clown on the show.

try having to put up with him on the work radio every morning. on a mission to try and break the damn thing it's that painful to listen to his stupid unfunny 'characters'.

Well hopefully ten &/or seven offer $1.2bill so 9 will have to better that and 10 knows 9 are broke, hope the NRL put a clause in if they go bust then coverage reverts to 2nd highest & full season draw is compulsory to stop the farce we currently have

DSM5 said:

One would think he'd have learned to be circumspect on the smut front after he was exposed as the ring leader of a non consensual gang bang.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2