Channel Nine is Pathetic

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

QldEagle01

Reserve Grader
Im not sure what any one else thinks but im fed up with channel nines contempt for NRL and its fans, the crap it dished up today was nothing less than amatuer drivel. Ray Warren is not capable any longer and the continued adds during play by Warren, for nines up coming shows is laughable. Fox sports shows Nine up for the fools they are, Nine is killing league at the moment, this is the major issue i feel with the down turn of the game, its a joke.

Must agree with your sentiment. It's hard to stay with the game due to all the breaks for ads. I refuse to watch 9 other than when Manly plays. Absolute garbage must remain in the trash can instead of being didhed up as the main course. On a brighter note, go the mighty Sea eagles.

Ray Warren is mr rugby league like the Richie Benaud of cricket.When he criticises something it deserves it. Like a crappy crowd .

Terry-Randal said:
Ray Warren is mr rugby league like the Richie Benaud of cricket.When he criticises something it deserves it. Like a crappy crowd .

Please dont ever say that.

Benaud is our greatest living Test cricketer and captain along with Neil Harvey from the past.

I watch nein's games on the nrl web site so not so many ads but the fact nein only play one live game per week speaks volumes of what they think of the fans.

bob dylan said:
Terry-Randal said:

Please dont ever say that.

Benaud is our greatest living Test cricketer and captain along with Neil Harvey from the past.
I respect both Benaud and Warren ever since i was a kid i remember them as commentators along with Rex Mossip. Its a toss up between Rex Mossip and Rabiits Warren for the for most traditional league hosts.

Ray warren and channel nine are killing league all to promote thier own station, they announce other games scores with no warning, surely a tactic to stop you changing channels to watch replays on fox, and they never promote a Monday night game, cmon league deserves better.

The current NRL management team are dead set d1ckheads...Smith, Greenturd and Co are just PR ing them selves and doing nothing constructive or pro active with the game......Smith brags they have all this cash in the bank.....Big Deal David, Humphrey Bear could of negotiated the TV deal...it was given to you on a pletter

Shoe1 said:
It was drivel, but I felt a bit sorry for them today, the game was very low intensity.

Spot on. The crowd was pathetic. The intensity was non-existent.
I was waiting for Rabbits to pull out the Ukulele and get a rendition of "roll out the barrel" going with Gus and Freddy. :s

wombatgc said:
Shoe1 said:
It was drivel, but I felt a bit sorry for them today, the game was very low intensity.

Spot on. The crowd was pathetic. The intensity was non-existent.
I was waiting for Rabbits to pull out the Ukulele and get a rendition of "roll out the barrel" going with Gus and Freddy. :s

With that weather who can blame them.

master blaster said:
and I didnt miss Freddies snide shot at us,saying how we were lucky to get home against parra with a win,after a run home with penalties
And according to Fittler Manlys great record at Brookvale is all to do with other teams being traumatized by the trip along Pittwater Rd.

Am I the only one who thinks Rabbits is OK? I was at the match, then went home to watch it on record - although I didn't bother watching the second half which was dross.
I think Rabbits may be a closet Manly supporter. I think he gives all our players a good wrap, and knows a lot about each. I have no inside knowledge, but coming from Junee he possibly supported the great Manly sides of the 1970s...
Anyway, I reckon he's the best RL caller we have.

Rabbits is a legend but also an employee. If the boss says promote cheesy sticks during restarts, Rabbits has to do it with a smile in his voice. Bet he loves doing it ... NOT.

And I know I'm strange but I prefer the delayed telecasts (except the extra adds). Interesting or controversial replays are immediate which doesn't happen live unless the play has stopped.

Yes, fox has improved unless we are talking about that complete buffoon and second rate comedian want-a-be Voss.

My understanding @The Who is Rabbits was a ''warmish'' Parramatta supporter, but may be wrong there.
The Nein coverage seems alarmingly dated compared to Foxtel these days...ESP in Standard Definition.
The irrelevant banter and waffle, mostly between Rabbits n Gus gives me the irrits and overall is a long way short of what they're paying for...
There are a lot bigger problems around the game, but I only watch Nein when I have to, or simply wait for the replay on FOX.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6