Channel Nine subsidising Broncos

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
It seems Channel Nine is providing $40,000 to the Broncos to help secure Greg Inglis. Geeze, how many Broncos matches will we see next year, 24?
How can a television station sponsor one club?
How can the Broncos possibly remain under the salary cap if they get Inglis next season?
As I've stated before, Broncos have an unfair advantage in this comp - one team in a city of 1.5-million, with all the sponsorship, media exposure, crowds. No wonder they haven't missed the finals for 18, soon to be 19, years.
There must be one, and possibly two more clubs in Brisbane, and at least one match in Brisbane each weekend. The market is there, and The Broncos have had it too easy for far too long.

Not to mention their junior catchment area.

If a QLD junior has the choice of staying at Brisbane for 180K, or going to a Sydney club for 200K, which do you think he will choose?

However, a 20K difference is a big factor for 9 Sydney clubs competiting with each other.

I have to agree, it's more the junior league area that Brisbane has the advantage with. There should be 2 Brisbane teams. There is enough support and sponsorships to cover 2 teams easily.

The thoroughbreds are their biggest asset. 

Many of their stars have signed contracts for a lot less than other clubs have offered them to remain at the broncos . 

Bennett, or should I say his children, was caught receiving cash from the thoroughbreds.  Another club owned by News Ltd stench.

Barry Hyland link said:
How can the Broncos possibly remain under the salary cap if they get Inglis next season?

I don't like providing excuses for the Broncos but they are losing their current "biggest signing" - Israel Folau. I'm sure the coin he is on will go close to covering the Inglis signing.

Gorgeous George link said:
[quote author=Barry Hyland link=topic=184589.msg283402#msg283402 date=1281409399]

I don't like providing excuses for the Broncos but they are losing their current "biggest signing" - Israel Folau. I'm sure the coin he is on will go close to covering the Inglis signing.
[/quote]

They have only lost Simms, Folau, Michaels and Winterstein and a lot of the money saved from these players would have been offset by upgrades on the youinger players. 

News Ltd once again rorting the cap. 

kingyfan link said:
[quote author=Gorgeous George link=topic=184589.msg283436#msg283436 date=1281412762]
[quote author=Barry Hyland link=topic=184589.msg283402#msg283402 date=1281409399]

[/quote]

They have only lost Simms, Folau, Michaels and Winterstein and a lot of the money saved from these players would have been offset by upgrades on the youinger players. 

News Ltd once again rorting the cap. 
[/quote]

They also picked up Tronc midseason and Hannant for next year. Dubious

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4