Cheap flights to melbourne for the game!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

vidmar

Bencher
Just booked flights for me and Vid's Kid's to MLB for the round 24 game (weekend 21-24th August)

Managed to get flights down there on the Friday morning Virgin flight (9.15am DJ 826) for $49 each (!!) and return flights on the Monday (Virgin flight DJ861) for $39 (!!!!!) each

So (as with others?) hope that we don't have a Monday night game (but guess as we will have had our turn on Mondays that we will be fine)

Thought I'd share this with you and that others may benefit from the specials?

See www.virginblue.com.au

I was thinking about going down for the game, so this sounds good. The whole Swine Flu thing is a little concerning though as I might not be allowed to work if I come back ill.

Swine Flu will be well forgotten by then Rusty.

Also gents, we are considering doing the Corporate Box again for this game this year. Its about $180 a ticket (reserved seats alone are $40) and that includes 4 hours of food and drink.

Let me know if anyone is keen.

I'd be keen to catch up with any of the MLB locals when I'm down there - we have people travelliing from WA and QLD plus various parts of Sydney and the wider NSW community so dependant upon when the game is it is likley that there will be several official/unofficial functions and get togethers held.

Any suggestions on a good pub local to the ground for us to base ourselves at pre-game? (Kid friendly ideally)

Last year we met at the Precinct (Which used to be the Depot?) which was OK but not many Manly travelled so just had a quick couple in there and then wandered over to the ground.

Clontaago - the box sounds good but with 2 kids travelling with me it's better/cheaper if I go in the stands with the rowdies - be good to catch up though?

clontaago link said:

Also gents, we are considering doing the Corporate Box again for this game this year. Its about $180 a ticket (reserved seats alone are $40) and that includes 4 hours of food and drink.

How many seats in a Box down there?

12 or 16 from memory.

Definitely catch up prior to the game though Vid. There isnt really much around the area pub wise apart from Precinct. Next closest would be in town, Transport or Young and Jackson. Would suggest the Royal but not kid (or wife) friendly.

clontaago link said:

Just FYI clonster I just checked my calendar and i am in the bloody USA again when this game is on.  Two years in a row ....faaaaark!!

So someone else will have to drink my usual 0.5 schooners. 

But yeah you're right swine flu will be gone by then, I hear there's an oinkment coming out soon that will clear the bastard right up. 

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6