Cheap flights to MLB for round 5

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

vidmar

Bencher
If anyone is planning on travelling down for the storm game from Sydney have a look at Jet star. I've just booked me and the kids for $124 return including charges (fly in to Avalon and then get the shuttle to town for around $30 return) Fly out Friday morning and then back Saturday evening.
I haven't been to this ground before so If anyone knows the area can they suggest a good meeting point/kid friendly pre-game drinks venue near olympic park?
Cheers
Vid

Vid,

Olympic park is sort of in the middle of nowhere as far as meeting points, especially kid friendly ones. The park is about a 20 min walk from Flinders Street station, its an easy walk though. So depending on where you are staying on the Friday night it might be best for you to meet in town somewhere and either jump in a cab or walk to the ground.

Let me know where you are staying and i'll let you know what's around and what the best way to do it will be.

Doug

Hi Clontaago,
Thanks for the reply,
I'll be sorting out accomodation in the next couple of days via my old mate www.needitnow.com.au so will let you know.
From a quick squiz via the net it's more than likely we'll be staying somewhere close to the Southern Cross station (so easy to get to and from the airport shuttle.)
There's an exhibition of the history of video games on a museum close by there as well (apparently loads of interactive stuff to do) so that's Saturday morning's activities taken care of for me and the kids!!
Happy to catch up and say G'day to any of the posters from here who will be at the game?
Cheers
Vid

Yep if you are staying on that side of town, I would definitely suggest heading into town for a pre game drink and then cabbing it to the ground. From Southern Cross to Olympic park will probably take you a good half an hour to walk so with the kids probably not a good idea.

Cheers again, will look to get a room sorted out soon (a lot of the deals from the net only kick in around 14 days before the date you want to book)

People have been great with suggestions so that's been a help.

It appears that there are others travelling so I'll sort out a venue fro pre-game drinks and post it on here so others who fancy catching up can come along - I don't expect a big manly turn out so will be good to have a chat with like minded Manly fans pre-game if there's any around that are interested.

If not I'll do my usual "Norman No Mates" routine (Yeah I know......LOL)

Gronk, PJ and myself are all certain starters along with about 6 other Mexicans, last time we created more nosie than the Storm fans.

Not too keen on doing the "nosie" thing but will post closer to the game and maybe see if we can catch up for a bevvie pre-game?

sheesh more nosie hey Clontaago I never realised you had such a big Snoz.

I wanted to go but just couldn't afford the flight etc at this stage

Gronk - were you with the group on the left of the Hill at Newcastle last Saturday?
I came over with a mate and had a chat just before KO with the guy (dark hair and glasses) I saw on the bus from Dee Why to the city going to the Cronulla game last season (sorry  I've forgotten your name)
Vid

The gronk wasnt there last week, that was duff you were speaking to, i saw with your kid just as you were leaving

Thanks Fluffy,
Hi Pontian - yep, doesn't look like we'll win the title again this season but happy that we beat the "bitters" last night!
Also looking forward to the Champions League game against the Gunners this week!

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4