Checker Plate off cuts

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Hi guys,

I am on the look out for some checker plate off cuts. I have rang around a few trailer places and steel works here but nothing fits the bill at the moment.

I only need a strip of 510mm by 100mm it can obviously be bigger and I can cut it down.

Cheers
Dan

Fluffy link said:
just buy it tight arse

well a lead for where from would be good Fluffy. Plus I only need a fairly small part.

I was intending paying for the offcut too knob end!
eagle_predator link said:
Dan you could try a Metal fabrication shop,Smash repairs, Truck body builders they would all use checker plate one way of the other.

Yeah as you can imagine there isnt a lot of that up here, I am going to be calling a few trailer makers around the place on Monday, for now I am going to make do with some stainless steel I am wire brushing untl I find the checker or diamond plate I want

Bunnings now stock it!

Found a cut larger than I need for $30. Will get the old angle grinder out and cut it down.

On the home stretch with the jukebox and will post photos when done

maybe next time it can go in the "wanted" forum you so thoughtfully introduced :)

you know, the one nobody uses ;)

Fro link said:
maybe next time it can go in the \"wanted\" forum you so thoughtfully introduced :)

you know, the one nobody uses ;)

Yeah I realised that after I had posted it but couldnt be bothered moving it. It's the time of year where I just dont care as much as normal

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6