Chee Kam

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

c eagle

Reserve Grader
Ok, about this time of year I write the same post , when is this kid going to stand up and show us what he's got....... We paid good coin for this kid from Canberra , with huge wraps and so far has kicked stones in nsw cup, and showed very little interest... Yes he had an injury, but that's no excuse, every player has an injury...... Last year we were shot ducks missing an entire back row in the late stages of the season and this kid still couldn't crack our top squad...... He needs to shine, I think this is his last year contracted to us.... Do you think he may magically find all that ability this season, now he's off contract.

c eagle said:
We paid good coin for this kid from Canberra , with huge wraps and so far has kicked stones in nsw cup, and showed very little interest...

How do you know how much interest he has shown?

Injuries are his problem, yet to have a full off season injury free.

He has shown glimpses of what he could be but the jury is still out on whether he can kick on.

Some people just don't come on though. Plenty of sh.t hot kids who come up and struggle or fail to take the next step. Once you get close, you really need to a) want it and b) be healthy. You can probably still go OK in the top grade without perfect health but then you need to want it even more because you only have a small window...

Fluffy said:
Injuries are his problem, yet to have a full off season injury free.

He has shown glimpses of what he could be but the jury is still out on whether he can kick on.

I saw him in a game v Newtown. He may go better as a centre than as a forward. He is quite big, but remarkably agile & a good runner, rather than a powerful forward-type, from that one time I saw him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7obl3c06kZw

Lets hope he gets his 10 year plan back on track this year.

tookey said:
Toovey has a high opinion of him
We all had a high opinion of him and wanted him to be a success . He was great in the lower grades at the raiders but the fact is not all great lower grade players become great first grade players
I have been watching NSW cup games and unfortunately have not seen anything of first grade standard from him .
I hope he can produce the goods this year

bones said:
c eagle said:
We paid good coin for this kid from Canberra , with huge wraps and so far has kicked stones in nsw cup, and showed very little interest...

How do you know how much interest he has shown?
All fans can go by on how much interest a player shows is by the way he commits him self in the game and what impact he has and from what I have seen he has had fck all
If he dosent pull his finger out this year he will be going back and living with Ricky

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Glenn Stewart was older than both of them before he finally cracked regular NRL games, and he ended up pretty good.
Glenn played top grade in 2004 and he was 20
He also had to compete with regular back rowers like Menzies , Kenedy and Choc . Glen was also playing much better footy in the lower grades than both of them

Glenn Stewart might have made his debut in 04 but didn't play regular first grade footy until 07. Cuthbo and Willow were ahead in the pecking order as well.

Pepi said:
Glenn Stewart might have made his debut in 04 but didn't play regular first grade footy until 07. Cuthbo and Willow were ahead in the pecking order as well.
Fact is Glenn at 20 played more first grade games and showed much more ability than Chee Kam . Another fact is Chee Kam has been very ordinary as well .

Just wondering how old BJ was when he settled in at Manly...point being some forwards (or players) take longer than others

Yes he might not be a world beater but I am not sure you can call time on him already.

From wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glenn_Stewart)

"Between 2003 and 2006, Stewart only played 19 games for the Sea Eagles, often finding himself in their NSW Cup side due to the presence of established back rowers Ben Kennedy, Anthony Watmough, Luke Williamson, and Manly club legend Steve "Beaver" Menzies. With Kennedy's retirement from playing at the end of the 2006 NRL season, coach Des Hasler gave "Gifty" his chance to cement a first grade place in the team from 2007. He grabbed the opportunity with both hands, playing 26 games for the season, mostly in the second-row."

In other words it took him 3 years to find his feet. Maybe, just maybe in this instant gratification world we would be better off giving players some time...even just the lenght of their contract

No doubting that Gift had shown more than Chee Kam at the same point in their careers. The fact that Manly chased Steve Simpson, Gallen and Tupou in 05-06 shows that Gift was seen as a solid backup and nothing more at that stage of his career.

lsz said:
Just wondering how old BJ was when he settled in at Manly...point being some forwards (or players) take longer than others

Yes he might not be a world beater but I am not sure you can call time on him already.

From wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glenn_Stewart)

"Between 2003 and 2006, Stewart only played 19 games for the Sea Eagles, often finding himself in their NSW Cup side due to the presence of established back rowers Ben Kennedy, Anthony Watmough, Luke Williamson, and Manly club legend Steve "Beaver" Menzies. With Kennedy's retirement from playing at the end of the 2006 NRL season, coach Des Hasler gave "Gifty" his chance to cement a first grade place in the team from 2007. He grabbed the opportunity with both hands, playing 26 games for the season, mostly in the second-row."

In other words it took him 3 years to find his feet. Maybe, just maybe in this instant gratification world we would be better off giving players some time...even just the lenght of their contract
Instant gratification ? The guy has been with us for 2 years feathered friend and he has done fck all in NSW cup LOL

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6