Cheers To Toovey Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MK Eagle

Bencher
After a good season in 2012 minus the last shocker, Toovey for mine stepped into an unenviable coaching gig & has done a great job.
The off field dramas & usual media circus pre 2012 kickoff would have been enough of an excuse for a mediocre season but being the ultimate competitor - Tooves took on & won the challenge by a good margin imo.
Tbh I dont think Tooves is as technically astute as the elite coaches but his gutsy competitive edge is arguably the best attribute a quality coach can feed his players.
To be fair his technical ability is & will only get better being just a year in the hotseat & in some ways, actually sharpened the attack already.
Back in the day as a player, I always believed if we had 13 players with Tooves heart on the field we would not lose a game.
Given his predicament when he took the reins I have nothing but massive admiration for his efforts in 2012 & his ability,confidence, recruitment & passion for the club has me super confident we will again be very competitive in 2013.
Ppl talk of Manly legends like Fulton , Randall, Eadie & rightfully so but Tooves is part of that core champion Seaeagles group every day of the week.Regardless of the outcome in 2013 its a great feeling to have a top bloke who loves this Club, is the definition of loyalty & wears his heart on his sleeve at the helm of the club.
One of the best highlights from last year involved Tooves....after that last gasp win over the Broncs the cameras went to Toovey in the coaches box pumping his fist & throwing his water bottle in jubilation with that look on his face similar to when he picked up chief Harrigan & pounded him into the turf...priceless.
Thing is, I would not swap Tooves for any other coach & believe when he retires from his position, he will be known as the best coach we have had.
Sure its a tad ambitious but he has all the ingredients of a winner & a loyalty that has Manly supporters feeling comfortable & confident.
Cheers Tooves.

my late Mum loved Tooves,he was her favourite Manly player,he even visited her a few months before she passed,he is a top bloke,she,ll be glad he is in charge of the team,lol

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6