Cherry-Evans denies wanting to leave Brookvale

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
DAVE Kenney insists he is just like any other dedicated Sea Eagles supporter on the northern beaches.
But the big difference is the former Manly junior shelled out $40,000 to become the club’s No.1 ticket holder at an auction held during the club’s season launch.

Kenney takes over the role from author Thomas Keneally who stepped down after 20 years due to his other commitments.
“There are so many people out there who just love that team and there is nothing special about me,” Kenney said.
The publicity-shy 45-year-old chartered accountant was initially reluctant to speak to the Manly Daily as he did not want to be seen as a big noter.
But looking at his CV there could not be no more appropriate choice as No.1 ticket holder.
“I love rugby league, I’ve played it, I’ve watched it. It’s a passion and I just love that team,” he said.
“You dream of playing for Manly but this is the best I can do.”
Kenney derives great pleasure sharing his joy for the game, especially with the youngest of his three daughters, Charlotte.
The eight-year-old even accompanied her dad to Leeds, in northern England, to watch the Sea Eagles in the World Club Challenge.
Kenney grew up in Davidson where he was a prop with the Forestville Ferrets and Belrose.
At Belrose he played alongside former Sea Eagles premiership winner David Ronson where the team won a host of premierships
He started supporting the Sea Eagles when he was three and his loyalty has never wavered.
“I am proud, I just think we have a great club,” Kenney said.
“I remember going along with my mum or my dad, running on the field after the game trying to get the corner posts,” he said.
Kenney is a managing partner at Hall Chadwick, an advisory and corporate recovery firm, and also an alternate director on the Sea Eagles’ board.
“As a result of that I know how much the Sea Eagles club needs the money,” he said.

http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/fan-tastic-sea-eagle-dave/

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4