Cherry-Evans quickly spreads his wings

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
SEA Eagles star Kieran Foran believes his scrumbase combination with Daly Cherry-Evans will only get better after the pair had a hand in the try of the year against the Broncos last Friday at Suncorp Stadium.

Fullback Brett Stewart scooped up the ball after a cross kick from the Kiwi international before miraculously sending Cherry-Evans sprinting over for the spectacular four-pointer.
The stunning effort demonstrated how much the crucial combination between the halfback and pivot has developed after being given their chance by coach Des Hasler.
“There is plenty of room for improvement there I think,” Foran said.

“We are getting to know each other’s games better and better.
“We have obviously played together for a couple of years in the (Toyota Cup) under-20s and that is certainly benefiting us.”
Foran described No.7 Cherry-Evans as a very composed player who knows what he wants out on the field and is prepared to tell the other players what to do.
“Dessy wasn’t afraid to hand us the reins and let us run the show,” Foran said.
“It’s probably put confidence in both of us.
“We just play it by what happens out there on the field.”
Manly co-captain Jamie Lyon said the rest of the backline was benefiting from the great job being done by the young halves. “It helps us blokes on the outside when they are going really well,” he said.
“They are developing, they still have a little way to go, but we are very happy with what they have done so far.
“They are also pretty calm and pretty confident.”
As for that try, Foran said it had not come from a set move.
“It probably just shows the ability of Snake (Brett Stewart) as a player,” Foran said.
“He calls that stuff out there, he sees it and I listen, so that’s all it was. Just having him out there gives everyone a massive confidence boost.
“If that is a sign of what is to come, well who knows.”

http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/foran-warns-rivals-halves-will-improve/

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4