Cherry-Evans to cap rise with Kangaroos jumper

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

dowdz

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Brad Walter
November 10, 2011

LONDON: With a premiership ring, an award for being the best halfback in the world and a Test jersey, Daly Cherry-Evans's rookie season couldn't get much better, but the boom Sea Eagles halfback says his long-term future is uncertain.

While the off-season turmoil at Manly has spiralled out of control since the club won the grand final, the rise of Cherry-Evans has continued after being chosen in the Kangaroos 24-man touring squad for the Four Nations and being named the international halfback of the year Having started the season with the aim of becoming a regular member of the Manly team, he is set to be handed a Test debut against Wales on Sunday at Wrexham.

Yet with coach Des Hasler headed to the Bulldogs, Cherry-Evans wasn't sure how long he would remain at the club. He said he wanted to stay and play under new coach Geoff Toovey but his agent, Gavin Orr, told the Herald last week that if Manly didn't give the Mackay junior an upgrade on his $135,000 contract next season he would consider leaving.

''With Dessie gone, it is a big loss but Toovs is an ex-international half and he has plenty to offer of his own, so I am looking forward to being a part of that,'' Cherry-Evans said. ''I have got a few more seasons left with the Sea Eagles but with the salary cap, you never know what is going to happen, so you have got to enjoy your time at the club.''

It is expected the 22-year-old will play off the interchange bench, with Johnathan Thurston and Cooper Cronk to be the halves.

Robbie Farah's return home after news that his mother was ill means Cameron Smith will play hooker. Jharal Yow Yeh, Josh Morris, Beau Scott and Corey Parker are also set to make their first appearances of the tournament.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/cherryevans-to-cap-rise-with-kangaroos-jumper-20111109-1n7h4.html#ixzz1dEegLE59

Love to see Chez play in green and gokd.
Is there free to air coverage ? I can't find it on Nine. Please post, if you could.

HappilyManly said:
Love to see Chez play in green and gokd.
Is there free to air coverage ? I can't find it on Nine. Please post, if you could.

Can't find anything on 9 myself, but fox have the replay at 830am the monday morning. The game should be on around 230am Monday morning our time. Don't tell me 9 are not going to show it live

You just know the kid will have a successful international debut. He's handled everything that's been thrown at him so far. He's a class act.

Moondog said:
You just know the kid will have a successful international debut. He's handled everything that's been thrown at him so far. He's a class act.

Agreed. I was hoping Thurston would of got a rest so DCE could have plenty of game time.

If the board and the CEO are reading this, Give him the upgrade and re-sign him already!! That is what the fans want! DCE and Foran are top priority!!

The part about him leaving is nothing to worry about imo. His manager is just trying to do the right thing by his client.

Stevo said:
The part about him leaving is nothing to worry about imo. His manager is just trying to do the right thing by his client.
Good, to hear that he wants to be coached by Tooves, it's all on the board to re-sign him now, they can't afford to let him go.

I'm going out on a limb,DCE is the most important player in our roster futurewise, Foran can be lived without but we must keep DCE at all costs

The Eagle said:
I'm going out on a limb,DCE is the most important player in our roster futurewise, Foran can be lived without but we must keep DCE at all costs
Upgrade to 250+ straightaway with incentives

The number of players who have stepped up this year just makes me realise what a great year it has been and, in truth, how well Des has done in getting them there. Well done DCE. If they can just see as a playing group that they have a great bond and stick together.

I can't understand why DCE wouldn't start the match, with Cronk playing 5/8. What's the point risking Thurston?

DCE is our top priority signing, and his contract should be significantly upgraded when he unconditionally extends his contract term with manly.

DCE will be upgraded but with the potential cap rise looming how much to upgrade by is difficult.

The Eagle said:

Agree 100%. DCE will become a better player than Fozzy IMO. Love to keep both, but if I had to make a choice I'd have DCE.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6