Cherry Evans

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eagleE

Reserve Grader
Having not seen the game yet but reading the posts on here today and the last few weeks. Are we turning our back on DCE? Reminds me of lst year when Hodgkinson was the next wunderkid and very soon he was our biggest mistake ever. I think DCE needs more than 7 games to get himself right to NRL standard. But if we are officially turning our backs on him, please let me know so I too can jump on the bandwagon. If we are not, then please give him a go.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
There is no bandwagon. DCE misses a couple of kicks from the sidelines and some disgruntled posters are after his head. Ridiculous. He's going OK and will develop further. What's needed is some tries scored closer to the posts.

Yeah there were a few bombed trys i'd be having a look at before blaming the bloke who missed a couple from the sideline.

Relax EagleE. DCE is going OK. What's required is some more tries scored closer to the posts. His missed kicks have all been from the sideline. A small disgruntled band of muppets are after him for no reason other than sourness. He needs more time to develop and I'm sure Des will give it to him. DCE and Foran are the future.

The day after the game i logged on and could not be bothered posting, due to the fact of all the rubbish that was coming out of the minorities mouth, DCE needs time hes our best option at half, we can not blame our losses on his missed sideline attempts !

Next Monday we will see DCE against Orford. My money is on DCE outplaying Orford by a mile.

Coming along VERY nicely, leave the kid alone and let him do his job.....we ALL made mistakes when we were 20, even players like Lockyer drop the ball and fluff a kick occasionally.

in my opinion DCE needs a break the grind of playing 1st grade is hard , the bye weekend will be good for him and the other young blokes in the side ,huge difference in the games that these young kids where playing last year ,but in saying that HE is a GOOD PLAYER NOW AND ONLY WILL GET BETTER ,it takes time to become a 1st grade player and he needs all those around him to go forward before he can do much as a half .....

I remember when Thurston started for the bulldogs. He was in and out of first grade, didn't look like much. ffs DCE has done fantastic so far. He's got a giant boot on him. he can kick goals, field goals, his defence is reasonably solid, he is learning every week. Expect some mistakes, but remember he's also setting up tries, kicking field goals, coming up with great short and long kicks.

To judge a halfback after 8 games is just plain stupid. Good halves need over 50 games or two seasons to fit in in the NRL with many examples but few exceptions( Preston Campbell being the only good one I can think of in the Modern era). DCE has been at least competent without being a sensation. We have a young 5/8 who is a gun and one of the worlds most creative centres in Lyon, When Snake is back and fully fit he will add another attacking dimension and all Dce will have to do is kick for touch and make 4 plays every half. But for now he needs this season to find his groove and his place in this team, Id love him to win us the premiership but thats for next year. How about we let this kid settle in before we write him off?

DEFINITELY happy with his form and development! What more are you supposed to ask of a young halfback partnering a 20 year old 5/8 without a playmaking veteran fullback on the paddock?? The cherry is ripe.. GO MANLY!!!

Jatz Crackers said:
Fluffy said:
Matabele said:
I've tipped him for the Queensland #7 within 4 years.

me too, Ryan has written him off

Best indicator so far ! Its settled then.

I said he should give the kicking duties to Lyon. How is that writing him off? He has some weaknesses, lets be real....his defense his poor. His kicking game is good. His vision is average. His goal kicking is poor. His organisational awareness is good. His presence is average.

All in all, that's not a bad report card for a 7 game player. I by no means want him gone. I by all means want him to improve.

Ian Martin tragic said:
I remember when Thurston started for the bulldogs. He was in and out of first grade, didn't look like much. ffs DCE has done fantastic so far. He's got a giant boot on him. he can kick goals, field goals, his defence is reasonably solid, he is learning every week. Expect some mistakes, but remember he's also setting up tries, kicking field goals, coming up with great short and long kicks.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Ian Martin tragic said:

I think this is where we go wrong. -

* making comparisons with Thurston
* predicting that he will play play Origin

I am bemused by the extent of some fans's expectations. Other debutants for Manly dont & wont attract that level of expectation. Cut him some slack.

Sure he is playing NRL and so he is fair game for criticism and praise as anyone else playing NRL. However I thinK the bar is being set unfairly too high.

2 years ago, Parramatta fans were similarly speculating about the future of young Mortimer as being the next big thing.

ERNIE FOR NO7 said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
Ian Martin tragic said:

I think this is where we go wrong. -

* making comparisons with Thurston
* predicting that he will play play Origin

I am bemused by the extent of some fans's expectations. Other debutants for Manly dont & wont attract that level of expectation. Cut him some slack.

Sure he is playing NRL and so he is fair game for criticism and praise as anyone else playing NRL. However I thinK the bar is being set unfairly too high.

2 years ago, Parramatta fans were similarly speculating about the future of young Mortimer as being the next big thing.

Same with Tim Smith. In his first season he was on fire and expectations were high.

He faded badly

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4