Cherry Foz Gift Choc

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

NFN2IT

Reserve Grader
If Cherry does sign elsewhere, the worst part about it all is we have lost 2 club legends (Gift & Choc) for nothing.
Gift and choc leaving was because we wanted to go all in for Cherry and if this all goes ass up then we gambled and we lost.

That is the most disappointing thing.

And in saying that i am pumped the footy is back and i am even more excited to see our first game of the season tonight!! GO MANLY!! :clap:

Do we really need another thread on this??

Surely whatever is said has been said 1000 times.

We can't change the past , and have no say in the future .

You either cheer as normal , or go and sulk in a corner .

Well past the " time to move on"

They haven't left for nothing. Menzies is the only guy to go out on his terms recently and neither of them are on his level. Club made a call, move on, shift the money elsewhere, yada yada, and in three years when Parra are still paying Choc and he's garbage and causing a ruckus there it will all be a distant memory...

They haven't left for nothing. Menzies is the only guy to go out on his terms recently and neither of them are on his level. Club made a call, move on, shift the money elsewhere, yada yada, and in three years when Parra are still paying Choc and he's garbage and causing a ruckus there it will all be a distant memory...
I can't believe anyone would sign choc through to 2018. Even if he was happy here I still wouldn't have done that. No player beyond the age of 30 should be signed to anything more than 2 years. That's why top teams stay at the top. If you have a major injury after 30 the club is on the hook for a lot of dollars and you don't recover like a 20 something year old

I can't believe anyone would sign choc through to 2018. Even if he was happy here I still wouldn't have done that. No player beyond the age of 30 should be signed to anything more than 2 years. That's why top teams stay at the top. If you have a major injury after 30 the club is on the hook for a lot of dollars and you don't recover like a 20 something year old
COMING OFF A TORN BICEP!

COMING OFF A TORN BICEP!
Yeh we agree lol. Although I was more referring to structural joint injuries. Muscle injuries recovery isn't as bad. But if a player past 30 does an acl in the first year of a four year contract then good luck ever having that player be what you originally paid for

I'm a fan of Gifty ... last night I cheered everything he did. I hope he has a great few seasons and will miss him in Manly colours... but ... it was glad he was able to get a good contract to finish his career. Our problem was the selfish Board members used their gripe amongst each other to be completely disrespectful of Gift, his contribution to the Club on and off the field and the contract. It would have taken someone to say, hey all we can offer is $400,000 a year for 2 years. Ask if it was worth putting in formal offer. It may have helped a little with team harmony, who knows.

As for Choc. Hope he gets smashed every week.

I'm a fan of Gifty ... last night I cheered everything he did. I hope he has a great few seasons and will miss him in Manly colours... but ... it was glad he was able to get a good contract to finish his career. Our problem was the selfish Board members used their gripe amongst each other to be completely disrespectful of Gift, his contribution to the Club on and off the field and the contract. It would have taken someone to say, hey all we can offer is $400,000 a year for 2 years. Ask if it was worth putting in formal offer. It may have helped a little with team harmony, who knows.

As for Choc. Hope he gets smashed every week.
hindsight is a bitch. The 450k thing came out in a paper and you're taking it as fact. You have no idea what money he was asking for in reality. And there is no way he's only being paid 450k at the bunnies (unless he is getting the brown paper bag treatment). He would have chewed up a big portion of sam burgesses money because they didn't sign anyone else.

Choc had a contract and left because he didn't like the clubs choices, he was not forced out.
Choc left because he didnt have the clubs best interest in keeping DCE H
hindsight is a bitch. The 450k thing came out in a paper and you're taking it as fact. You have no idea what money he was asking for in reality. And there is no way he's only being paid 450k at the bunnies (unless he is getting the brown paper bag treatment). He would have chewed up a big portion of sam burgesses money because they didn't sign anyone else.
Didnt they sight that Penrith prop ?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6