Cherry to buck Broncos

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Rugby League Week - Tony Adams & Joel Gould 27/06/14

THE Broncos bold $1.1 million-a-season offer to snatch star halfback Daly Cherry-Evans from Manly is destined to fail.

Read More

THE Broncos’ bold $1.1 million-a-season offer to snatch star halfback Daly Cherry-Evans from Manly is destined to fail.

RL
WOMBAT1.jpg
W has learned from sources close to Cherry-Evans that he wants to remain in Sydney – and will either re-sign with the Sea Eagles or join another Sydney-based club in 2016.

Even though he was born north of the border, Cherry-Evans and partner Vessa love the Sydney lifestyle and he has told those close to him he has no intention of moving back to Queensland. He has just bought a house in Freshwater in the heart of Manly territory and Vessa is pregnant with their second child.

“The Broncos are throwing massive dollars at Daly – but all they are doing is pushing his price up,” a source close to the star halfback says.

Manly are desperate to retain the Maroons star beyond his contract which expires at the end of next year and held another round of talks with his management recently – without any breakthrough.

“There is no rush and Daly is happy to just keep playing and giving his all for Manly,” Cherry-Evans’ manager Gavin Orr says.

“The club understands this and they have other priorities right now – re-signing the players who are off contract at the end of this season.”

Manly legend Graham Eadie has urged Cherry-Evans to stay at Brookvale for the betterment of his career.

Eadie says coach Geoff Toovey and assistant Andrew Johns have already taken Cherry-Evans’ game to another level and insists that the 25-year-old half should stick with them, even if it means sacrificing some money to do so.

“Cherry-Evans has got two of the best halfbacks that have ever played for Australia both coaching at the club, so staying at Manly would be beneficial for him long term,” Eadie says.

“Alfie Langer is up at the Broncos, but he is not mixed up with the coaching side of things.

“Johns was a great kicker, and it is no surprise that Cherry-Evans’ kicking game is unbelievable.

“He had a decent kicking game when he arrived at the club but nothing like he’s got now.

“I believe loyalty is worth more than a dollar. And I’m sure Cherry-Evans will learn more by staying at Manly.”

http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/cherry-evans-to-buck-broncos/

If loyalty means anything, the Bronco's can push his price through the roof. It doesn't mean that's what Manly will have to pay him. Does it?? Or are the NRL able to rule that his price is up so we must match it? I don't think so. You know what I'd love to see? DCE come out in the media and say he has taken a pay cut to stay. That would egg up some faces :D

I don't think the word betterment is used often enough these days. Good on him!

There's got to be a Chuck Berry joke somewhere in the thread title. I just can't quite see it.

mozgrame said:

There's got to be a Chuck Berry joke somewhere in the thread title. I just can't quite see it.

Daly b goode?

globaleagle said:
mozgrame said:

Daly b goode?

Yeah, Maybellene. I'm not sure. You Never Can Tell. Well, as long as Sid has No Particular Place to Go, I'm happy.

mozgrame said:
globaleagle said:
mozgrame said:

Daly b goode?

Yeah, Maybellene. I'm not sure. You Never Can Tell. Well, as long as Sid has No Particular Place to Go, I'm happy.

You never can tell.

Say what you want about him but I think he is, without doubt, the most important player in our team. The best talent to emerge at our club since Snake first appeared. We need to make every effort to keep him here just like we did with Snake.

Chip and Chase said:

THE Broncos bold $1.1 million-a-season offer to snatch star halfback Daly Cherry-Evans from Manly is destined to fail.

Another piece of positive news this week. Now all we need is to beat the Roosters tonight and that will top off the week nicely!

How can any team pay that for a new player??

I mean if Manly need to pay that to retain him they only have to come up with the difference of what he is paid now and price of the new contract may $150K-$300K.

Exactly. And what club has a million dollar gap in their salary cap? Except maybe the Sharks? lol

Is it any wonder the Broncos are being investigated for salary cap breaches?! You'd think they would've learnt.

And I'd add, once again some spurious '' sources '' are quoted too.

Of course I hope it's an accurate article......We'd better get used to em for the next 12 months!

The sooner it's sorted, one way or another, the better.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6