Cherry's Long Term Future

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I have concerns about Cherrys long term future at our club.

He is killing it at the 'world cup' and has played great all year. I think he may perhaps even force Cronk out of the starting side for the semis and final. His star is on the rise at present. Big time.

I just have a feeling the Broncos will go all out to sign him on massive 3rd party money soon. 1 million per year, would be my guess. He's worth it. We have developed him for years and he is critical to our future. He cant go.

I hope my gut feeling is wrong. Him having a chick who is from the northern beaches helps put my nervs at bay a little, but im still concerned about him being poached by the Broncos on big money. Their pockets are very deep

Thoughts?

yeah. i dont see him staying long term. he is a gun, but i think we will get to keep either dce or foran and i think forans heart is with the eagles.

I hope he stays . The players are pretty tight and DCE seems happy and Im sure the club will do their best to keep him at Manly . In saying that we all know players come and go these days. As a example I hope Will Hoppa has his time at Parramatta to honour his contract and then comes back to where he really belongs playing with the best club in the NRL Manly.

He's under contract, and we know how binding RL contracts are.

He won't be able to use the Barba "I'm homesick" excuse unless Cherry returns to North Queensland. If it comes down to money and third party endorsements then no club can compete with Brisbane. If that happens then there will be no point having a competition. May as well just anoint Brisbane as the perennial champions.

Our club should upgrade his contract asap. Get him some extra 3rd party money and push him up to 700K. Hopefully that will be enough to keep him at our club long term.

Yes he is under contract and you can see that he does love our club, but when the Broncos dangle a million bucks in your face, and that day surely is not far away, it might be hard for him to justify his love for the club.

The Broncos are in need of someone just like Chezza. His style of player is the missing link for them. He is now almost demanding a spot in the 17 for the Kangaroos, and the Broncos love their rep players, i think they will try and get him before his contract finishes or once it finishes.

Daly will have to discuss any move to Queensland with his wife who is born and bred on the northern beaches
also with a young child it will be hard to go imo

He may remember how much he was valued by the Broncos early on in his career....
" Cherry-Evans endured a series of utter snubbings.

Forget being overlooked by the Brisbane Broncos, which he was repeatedly, Cherry-Evans was rated so lowly the Redcliffe Dolphins and Norths Devils rejected him from their under-20s teams.

He was appraised as too slow in attack and too weak in defence to compete in Brisbane's colts competition.
Back in 2008, as Manly powered towards their first premiership this century, Cherry-Evans was forced to play for Wests.
Wests are a battling club without senior teams, located 10 minutes' drive from the Broncos' Red Hill base.

There was no NRL pathway from Wests...."
Every time he plays the Broncos he can rub their failure to see his potential in their faces, that's got to be worth something...
Perhaps it even outweighs the extra money and the chance to play with Hodges, Barba, Thaiday and co.

The Broncos are throwing over a million Smith's way, they aren't going to leave much for anyone else if they did the same for DCE

Kiwi Eagle said:
The Broncos are throwing over a million Smith's way, they aren't going to leave much for anyone else if they did the same for DCE

Maybe they'll offer DCE $200k ....the same as they were paying Lockyer.:S

Me too.
Imagine what the board members of the Broncos are thinking, as they light their Cohiba's with hundred dollar bills. Back the fk up assholes. He's ours

Think of the transfer fee if he is induced to break his contract :)

Manly is not a one man Team. We unearth more diamonds from the other Clubs' rejects than any other.

I hope that Perry and Co will never entertain compromising Manly's long term future for any Player.

Playing in a Champion Team or with a Team of Champions makes DCE shine. It would be a weekly struggle for him to have no star 5/8 or dummy half.:cool:

I hope he stays a one Club man though :angel:

As part of the ARLC's overall review of the sports administration it is being suggested that the marquee player & 3rd party regulations will be amended and evened out across all teams.

If that happens the storm & broncos will find it that much harder to entice DCE.

I know he has plenty of reasons to stay (culture, great club, mates, mrs family, etc) but I get the feeling the Broncos will go close to making him the highest paid player in the game. I don't think we will need to match it, but we wouldn't want to be too far away from it.

We will be able to match any offer for sure as in 3 years time salaries for lyon, Stewart brothers, Ballin and Watmough will be available to help us keep our other good players. King also won't play beyond 2014

Dessie's backended contracts will come in handy for us to retain DCE, Foran, Jake etc

Hypothetically Speaking if Trent Hodkinson stayed with Manly instead of going to the dark side , would DCE be where he is today ?

I think we underestimate the Sea Eagles ability to keep who they want.....DCE will stay and if he doesn't, well life at Manly will go on...

My tip DEC will stay forever

Very simple problem to solve.

Our clubs no 1 priority should be to put together legitimate, ridiculously massive and career length third party deals for both our halves.

Get to it Manly! A nice touch would be to announce just before round 1 2014 kick off.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6