Choc 18th Man

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

PEPSI

Bencher
not sure if this has been on here yet, apologies if so,

Lewis has been sent home as Gaznier is fit. Choc goes in as 18th man.

that should squash any of those negative rumours and confirm that he was dropped rightly or wrongly for no other reason other than stickys tactics.

I heard that. Lets hope he gets a run. This will be a massive boost to his confidence

he wont get a run unless someone gets injured at training. but still the fact that he is ijn the "scene" will keep his spirits up. ideal actually, he gets the confidence without potential injury!

if anasta or johns gets injured then lets hope choc gets a run double bonus with us plsying both those teams in the next fortnight

mayby Choc can take out johns at training!!!!! :dance: :dance:

now that would be funny, the quarter million dollar man may get a call up!

There are six halves at least who would get the call up for Joey before the quarter million dollar man - just ask Mata as one of them plays PL for Souths!

Choc gets call-up
JASON AVEDISSIAN
15jun05
HE was unwanted by NSW selectors last week but now Manly second rower Anthony Watmough has been rushed into the Blues squad ahead of tonight's second Origin at Telstra Stadium.

"Choc" Watmough was drafted into the squad as 18th man last night, just a week after he was dumped from the team following the Blues' opening game golden-point loss in Brisbane.

The 21-year-old Manly junior was left devastated at his surprise axing but no one could wipe the smile off his face yesterday after Sea Eagles football manager Peter Peters delivered Watmough the good news.

And now the young forward is gearing himself towards a showdown with Queensland enforcer Carl Webb.

"He's a bit of a monster," an excited Watmough said of Webb yesterday after getting the call-up.

"I'll just have to get in front of him and do my best. I thought I was out of it, especially after the weekend (loss to South Sydney).

"But if I can be part of the squad in any way, I'm happy.

"I'm pretty happy that they have shown faith in me."

Watmough comes into the squad to cover for the forwards, with Penrith's Luke Lewis on stand-by for centre Mark Gasnier, who is expected to start.

Former NSW captain and Manly premiership-winning half Geoff Toovey yesterday said the onus was on the front row to lift their standards tonight if they wanted an Origin decider in Brisbane on July 6.

"They have just got to come out and be more committed," the Blues 1997 series captain said.

"I think the back row were exceptional in game one but the front row has really got to stand up."

* Veteran centre Terry Hill has returned from injury and will start in Manly's clash with the Knights at Brookvale Oval on Sunday.

Paul Stephenson has been dropped to make way for Hill, with Ashley Alberts retaining his place in the starting team. Coach Des Hasler has also named his Origin stars Ben Kennedy, Steve Menzies and Watmough in the squad of 18.

Brent Kite also returns to the pack from suspension, with Mark Bryant moving back to a five-man bench.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6