Choc off to Storm ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Then Watmough needs to be reminded about Bellamy gloating about how they exploited his defensive deficiencies in 2007.

Don't see how they can offer him big dollars when they had to release either Johnston or Lima this year to keep under the cap.  Typical media beat up.

Des will make him joint captain with Lyon next year and if he does a good job then he will be sole captain when Lyon leaves. 

1% chance of happening

Watmough seems pretty commited to Manly imo, and with what they have on their books, if we can't put a good offer to him there is no way that they can

They got rid of Johnson to save money and they were always going to make a play at choc. They will make an offer that will be too hard to knock back..

He is worth it and being captain might make him stay.

This rumour has been going round since he hit that good patch of form around SOO. There will be plenty more, he has made it clear he will be squeezing out every dollar he can before re-signing.

Rambo1987 link said:
They got rid of Johnson to save money and they were always going to make a play at choc. They will make an offer that will be too hard to knock back..

Inglis, Smith, Slater, Cronk. I think that if you look at those 4 players, you would have to come up with an average salary of 400,000 between them. Choc would be 350k minimum how he has gone

You can't take up near on 2 million of a 3.2 million salary cap on 5 players

Berkeley eagle......You should know better than to listen to anything that dimwit, "Shane" says.

Anyway, the Storm have their hands full trying to pay for Smith, Inglis, Slater, Cronk, Blair and Hoffman. To sign a player of Watmough's standing they would need to release one of their big 6.

Never say never, of course but.......very unlikely.

Kiwi Eagle link said:
[quote author=Rambo1987 link=topic=182077.msg246423#msg246423 date=1259222049]

Inglis, Smith, Slater, Cronk. I think that if you look at those 4 players, you would have to come up with an average salary of 400,000 between them. Choc would be 350k minimum how he has gone

[/quote]

but they do have News ltd $ under the table money

I have it on good authority that Manly have offered Watmough 400k, and he will sign soon. 400k too much? probably but hes probably the best forward in the game ATM

Kiwi Eagle link said:
[quote author=Rambo1987 link=topic=182077.msg246423#msg246423 date=1259222049]

I thought the cap was closer to 4.2mil

Choc has also stated that he'd like to be a one club man, but if he goes for a money grab he could end up at any club.

I just hope choc hasn't got the ****s because of the way he was treated when he slapped the sponsor.

Pepi link said:
I have it on good authority that Manly have offered Watmough 400k, and he will sign soon. 400k too much? probably but hes probably the best forward in the game ATM

If his form keeps rising the way it has been over the past 2 years then he's completely worth it.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6