Choc post match interview.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
A few points.

1 - how much better spoken is Watmough now?
2 - how good was it to hear the words "I love Manly"
3 - nice to see Matt Orford drop in to say hello, is he part of commentary or is he involved with the club now.

Watmough sounds like he has grown up a lot and his answer seemed genuine and heart felt. Whoever does our media training and psychology is obviously very good at their job

Daniel said:
A few points.

1 - how much better spoken is Watmough now?
2 - how good was it to hear the words "I love Manly"
3 - nice to see Matt Orford drop in to say hello, is he part of commentary or is he involved with the club now.

Watmough sounds like he has grown up a lot and his answer seemed genuine and heart felt. Whoever does our media training and psychology is obviously very good at their job

Yep. "i love Manly" that's what every fan wants to hear. Make him Captain Ffs!!

Ox was sitting in the dugout during the Toyota Cup. I remember reading that he has some role at the club, i just can't remember what it is.

He had me at I Love Manly. He's grown up to be a great leader in the club and a great club man.

I believe Ox is involved in marketing to potential sponsors on the Central Coast (because that is where he lives).

Its good to see so many ex Msnly players still in the fold it shows a good culture and should happen more as it encourages more to stick around. Does BK still attend games?

Choc what a machine. He adores this club like the fans do and we can all thank him for making a few players re-sign with this club. Needs to be captain ASAP!!

Daniel said:
Its good to see so many ex Msnly players still in the fold it shows a good culture and should happen more as it encourages more to stick around. Does BK still attend games?
BK gave up on Manly when they axed zorba. Lost any respect i had for him then and there.

"we should put foz on matchies then he wouldn't be injured so much."

lol

good interview.

Choc is a true champion of our club! Since Des left he has been a real leader on & off the field.

Speaking of ex-players, did anyone else see Freddo interviewed before the game? He spoke very well and he is obviously still emotionally moved that Ron Willey, Ken Irvine, John O'Neill and Allan Thomson are no longer around, to share the memories of '72 with.

My brother has a great freddie jones story. fred was a wharfie. my brother was a customs officer and a junior league referee in the district. one day he had fred's 12 yr old son who was very mouthy and eventually sent him off.

some time later he finds himself at the bottom of some container ship inspecting boxes when fred walks in with a couple of hefty wharfie mates. he says
'Your'e a referee aren't you?'
'Yes'
'You sent my son off didn't you?'
'yes'
'........ well, good on ya. He's a cheeky little bugger. Had it coming.'

Excellent!

Then there was the time that Malcolm Fraser was introduced to Fred at a Manly grand final, when Fraser was PM. Fraser asked him what he did for a crust and Fred replied 'I'm a wharfie'. Fraser replied, 'Really? I have many friends on the wharves'. Fred responded, 'I haven't met any of them'.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6