Choc try

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Had Watmough not scored that I think cherry Evans would have had a very fair case to suggest a penalty try there. Coot clearly takes him out without even trying for the ball.

I agree dan.

Love seeing chic score, he must secretly miss being the wide running, gap hitting, try scoring rower from a few years back.. But he does excel at the tough stuff.

Still I'd love him and fox and snake have some set moves , to get chic through a gap and snake lurking on his hip.

I also agree Dan, but we are Manly and they probably would of just continued on without even looking. Just happy Choc grounded the ball. Nice to see after all the work he did that he was there to do so. Love his commitment.

joeboy said:
I agree dan.

Love seeing chic score, he must secretly miss being the wide running, gap hitting, try scoring rower from a few years back.. But he does excel at the tough stuff.

Still I'd love him and fox and snake have some set moves , to get chic through a gap and snake lurking on his hip.

I love it when a chic scores with me.

But you're right. Watching a fox, a chic's hips my snake, gaps...it's all fun.

I was sitting on the front row of seats near the 20m line, Choc was right in front of us at the kickoff/restarts during the 2nd half - my mum called out 'next one's yours Choc' to him right before his try, so needless to say we were pretty happy to see him get over the line!

Choc has been a favourite of Mum's since she met him at the Leagues Club a couple of years ago, he was very friendly and polite to her and even got her a chair to sit down while my younger sisters were lining up for autographs (mum has problems with her knees). Was great to see a young guy happy to stop and chat to a 'little old lady' and ever since we have been very pleased for him when he plays well, scores tries etc. Mum will also defend him to all and sundry when he's getting a bad rap in the media etc and I think she also thinks he's 'a bit of alright' ;)

Napper said:
joeboy said:
I agree dan.

I love it when a chic scores with me.

But you're right. Watching a fox, a chic's hips my snake, gaps...it's all fun.

Really Napper your mind is in the gutter. Ohh and you forgot to throw a Beaver in there as well.

I agree Dan and was thinking the same thing - though the refs often take the soft option so who knows what would have happened.

Yeah great to see choc get the try. We are manly and therefore the refs would have never awarded us a penalty try.

Not going to lie, DCE is my captain in my fantasy team, so i was a lil disappointed he didn't get the try :)

I was thinking there may have been a soft case for an 8 point try

Daniel said:

Penalty tries are six points only,with the kick in front, eight point tries occur when the try scorer is interfered with AFTER the put down and a penalty is given in front after the conversion attempt.

Peter C said:
Daniel said:

Penalty tries are six points only,with the kick in front, eight point tries occur when the try scorer is interfered with AFTER the put down and a penalty is given in front after the conversion attempt.

Obvious comment is obvious. Hence why I said "Soft case" it also isn't after, it can be during. If the player is fouled but still scores, they can still be awarded the penalty

Daniel said:
Peter C said:
Daniel said:

Obvious comment is obvious. Hence why I said "Soft case" it also isn't after, it can be during. If the player is fouled but still scores, they can still be awarded the penalty
You're correct, it can be given if fouled during the attempt to score, on the other hand a try can be taken away from a team if a defending player is fouled by an attacking player, even after the try is scored. I remember Balmain scoring against us one time and because Steve Roach fouled a Manly player after the putdown, the referee awarded a penalty to Manly.

I mean this would have been soft, however had Manly not scored, I think at the very least a penalty try was warranted as DCE no doubt would have scored had Coot not clearly pushed him off the ball.

An 8 point try would have been a stretch but still possible as DCE was legitimately fouled and in my view that is pretty much a professional foul

Daniel said:
I mean this would have been soft, however had Manly not scored, I think at the very least a penalty try was warranted as DCE no doubt would have scored had Coot not clearly pushed him off the ball.

An 8 point try would have been a stretch but still possible as DCE was legitimately fouled and in my view that is pretty much a professional foul

Fixed.

Agree it is a soft case for an 8 point try Dan. If Coot coat hangered DCE then they might have given it, but unlikely for a relatively minor infringement.

It would be a stronger case for a penalty try if Choc didn't score. Then again, I still wouldn't be confident given we are Manly and the Premiers.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6