Choc was poor tonight

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
Sure he took a bad headknock but he was very poor tonight. He did not do much in attack or defense, cost us the first try and gave them the ball to win the game. At the end three sets with a decent kick and we win the game.

He's a bit of an enigma - you have no idea what he's gonna do. Usually it's good, but he should really have gone off after that head knock. I hope he wasn't trying to be a hero cause it backfired and hurt us bad.

choc should have been replaced straight away after that head knock, Des was more worried about using an interchange too early I think, it cost us big time

The trainer tried to get Choc to go off and he refused. There's not much point trying to be tough when play is in your own 20 and then coming up with a completely inept arm grab. Blaming Des for that is silly. What's he going to do, run out there and pull him off the field.
No, I'm afraid that Choc cost us the match with those two plays tonight. Thee were plenty of other issues but those two were crucial.

By the way, who missed the tackle on Morris (the first one) for that last try?

Bradza link said:
The trainer tried to get Choc to go off and he refused.

That was well after the soft arm-grabbing try. Choc was obviously commander of the la-la spaceship and should have been removed from the field IMMEDIATELY until he came back to earth.

At the time I wondered if the attack would target him. A minute later they go in, gracefully palming him off like they didn't want to hurt the helpless.

Isn't is obvious that a wounded player becomes the other teams opportunity.

This incident was a disgrace by our coaching staff.

Weev, it was not after the try. I was looking straight across at Donny Singe as he treated Choc after the head clash. Singe was communicating with the sideline and motioning to Choc who ended up pulling away and moving back into the line. My sister in law was in the Jane Try stand and said exactly the same thing after the game. It's ok for players to act tough, but you'd better back it up.

When a player flatly refuses you can't blame the coaches/trainers.

Choc hit his head prior to the first try. A trainer tried to get him off and he refused. Does he run the team or the coach?

I have been hit like that and it leaves you unable to make decisions, dizzy for quite a while, depending on how hard it was. As a professional, you have to take the advice of the medical personnel.

No - there was a misunderstanding between Orford and Lyon, with Lyon getting caught moving too far to the right. Morris stepped inside but Orford should have been there. It was a chink in the defensive line, due to communication rather than a bad personal miss.

Bradza link said:
Weev, it was not after the try. I was looking straight across at Donny Singe as he treated Choc after the head clash. Singe was communicating with the sideline and motioning to Choc who ended up pulling away and moving back into the line. My sister in law was in the Jane Try stand and said exactly the same thing after the game. It's ok for players to act tough, but you'd better back it up.

When a player flatly refuses you can't blame the coaches/trainers.

Ok, i stand corrected, well, sit corrected actually.

I watched it on the box. What I saw was his steadfast refusal to leave the field well after the damage was done.

But I think force him off. 15 min in a chair, a cool drink and some medical observation and then decide if he is ready.

He was a wounded soldier that aided in the battle's defeat.

Concussed players should NOT be the ones making health-related decisions about their own ability, especially when they look like a teenager who's had one too many overtaxed alcopops!

He should have been ordered off! Perhaps he was feeling some shame as it was largely self-inflicted. Mmmmm. Not a good enough reason.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4