Choc would consider leaving Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DUFFMAN

Bencher
Anthony Watmough has a burning ambition … to be recognised as the greatest rugby league forward in the world. And he has a confession … his days at Manly might be numbered.

Full Story Here

This is just 'let's find something to hang a headline on' stuff. of course watmough will want a payrise, he's earnt one! and of course it will be difficult to manage the cap, it always is.

Yet in the Smellograph - Choc wants to become the next Steve Menzies.

Good job player manager.

This is where the NRL should be looking at concessions or some blueprint for clubs that have brought in players from their junior ranks. I can't say yet what age they would have to be at the club from, 16,17 or 18 years of age.

But players like Choc should be given some concession after the age of 28 or so. This would allow clubs to keep special juniors as one club players...something the NRL harp on about as being great for the game.

We can't keep having stories like the menzies debacle

Mal Cochrane link said:
This is where the NRL should be looking at concessions or some blueprint for clubs that have brought in players from their junior ranks. I can't say yet what age they would have to be at the club from, 16,17 or 18 years of age.

But players like Choc should be given some concession after the age of 28 or so. This would allow clubs to keep special juniors as one club players...something the NRL harp on about as being great for the game.

Each club should get a maximum of 1 salary cap exempt – 10 year player

missing_something link said:
[quote author=Mal Cochrane link=topic=181656.msg240705#msg240705 date=1252631387]

Each club should get a maximum of 1 salary cap exempt – 10 year player
[/quote]

They're not "salary cap exempt" but exempt for around $100,000 of their pay

If Orford stays and some of the mentioned are forced out due to cap restrictions, it will be a tragedy.  I just can't understand why we would be paying him to stay.   

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7