Chooks, SBW could touch gloves on deal this week

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Sydney Roosters could have pen to paper on a deal with Sonny Bill Williams as early as this week, with chairman Nick Politis set to allow the All Blacks star dispensation to continue his boxing career outside of the NRL season. Team SBW and Roosters........

Read the full article

''Sonny's an absolute superstar and it's great for the game,'' Searle told The Inside Back. ''If I were Todd Greenberg, I'd be asking the NRL for a round-one match at ANZ [Stadium] in 2013. It'll be an automatic sell-out. The more stars like Sonny in the game the better. He will add at least 3000 to gate figures for the Roosters and get more people to games wherever he goes. I for one will be asking for the Roosters to play us at Skilled Park early next year.''

What is the Titan's CEO smoking? He has got to be kidding. 3000 extra people to their gate figures, yeah right. In his time playing league SBW was never one of the superstars and if/when he comes back there will be many league fans (including myself) who will not be happy that he's allowed to come back after the way he walked out on the game.

Rodo said:
''Sonny's an absolute superstar and it's great for the game,'' Searle told The Inside Back. ''If I were Todd Greenberg, I'd be asking the NRL for a round-one match at ANZ [Stadium] in 2013. It'll be an automatic sell-out. The more stars like Sonny in the game the better. He will add at least 3000 to gate figures for the Roosters and get more people to games wherever he goes. I for one will be asking for the Roosters to play us at Skilled Park early next year.''

What is the Titan's CEO smoking? He has got to be kidding. 3000 extra people to their gate figures, yeah right. In his time playing league SBW was never one of the superstars and if/when he comes back there will be many league fans (including myself) who will not be happy that he's allowed to come back after the way he walked out on the game.

And what's your opinion of Jaime Lyon?

Rodo said:

Bad blood between dogs fans and roosters.
One of the bling boys back against his former team.
It's like saying our game against the dogs won't be big this year

Raymond said:

It was a different situation with Lyon. He walked out the Eels because of personal reasons and he did not get on with Brian Smith . His motivation was not about money. He only started playing again (for Wee Waa and then St. Helens) after given a clearance from the Eels.

On the other hand SBW wanted money and he had issues with his club and the NRL. When he walked out of the Dogs he already had a plan in place. The Dogs had not given him clearance to leave them and play elsewhere but he still went ahead and signed a contract to play rugby in France.

In SBWs time playing league I don't think he was one of the superstars. He had lots of potential but never went to the next level.

And what's your opinion on SBW and Lyon?

Rodo said:
Raymond said:

It was a different situation with Lyon. He walked out the Eels because of personal reasons and he did not get on with Brian Smith . His motivation was not about money. He only started playing again (for Wee Waa and then St. Helens) after given a clearance from the Eels.

On the other hand SBW wanted money and he had issues with his club and the NRL. When he walked out of the Dogs he already had a plan in place. The Dogs had not given him clearance to leave them and play elsewhere but he still went ahead and signed a contract to play rugby in France.

In SBWs time playing league I don't think he was one of the superstars. He had lots of potential but never went to the next level.

And what's your opinion on SBW and Lyon?

There is no difference between Lyon's situation and SBW. They both disliked the coach and they both wanted to get out of their clubs. The only difference is that you are a Manly supporter and as a result of that you see things the way you want to see things through maroon and white eyes..

I guess Raymond isn't a Manly supporter. (Go get a history lesson Raymond and you'll discover just why Lyon did not want to stay at Parramatta)

Raymond said:
There is no difference between Lyon's situation and SBW. They both disliked the coach and they both wanted to get out of their clubs. The only difference is that you are a Manly supporter and as a result of that you see things the way you want to see things through maroon and white eyes..

It's got nothing to do with me being a Manly supporter. Sure both wanted to get out of their clubs but for different reasons.

A good article to read about why Lyon did what he did can be found here:

http://www.manlyseaeagles.com.au/eagles-angels-news-detail.asp?newsid=1572

Rodo said:
Raymond said:

It's got nothing to do with me being a Manly supporter. Sure both wanted to get out of their clubs but for different reasons.

A good article to read about why Lyon did what he did can be found here:

http://www.manlyseaeagles.com.au/eagles-angels-news-detail.asp?newsid=1572

The article states he didn't want to play for Parra anymore so he left while he was still under contract. SBW didn't want to play for Canterbury anymore so he left while he was still under contract. What's the difference?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6