Chooseday Night Footy: Manly V Norths

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

kimox

Hi all, just a heads up, tonight 8:30 on Fox we're showing the last ever Sea Eagles V Bears clash at North Sydney Oval - Rnd 20 1999. Up the Eagles

Will Tooks & Ryan get thier bears jerseys on and shed a tear when the final siren sounds?

I for one miss the Bears. Can't beat those local rivalries (and a guaranteed 2 competition points)

I miss them just like that nasty mole I had removed from back about 15 years ago.

byso said:
Will Tooks & Ryan get thier bears jerseys on and shed a tear when the final siren sounds?

LOL No point reminiscing about a club that won't be back in the NRL for many years if at all.

Watching the game last night Parra reminded me of the old days at north sydney the way their fans went beserk when they won the game.

Norths didn't win many games back in the eighties either but they certainly celebrated like winning a grand final when they won one. Very similar to parra's fans last night.

They usually put this game on foxtel.
Wish they went back to the mid nineties and put on a Manly vs Bears on instead.
You'd have one of our best line ups ever vs one the bears best

Cameron said:
Match Drawn it was the last
Time we played those no hopers

Wash your mouth out! It wasn't a draw, Manly won this 28-22 with a try under the sticks to Anthony Colella in the final minutes. It was great being there to put the knife into the bear's carcass one last time. We finished 13th, one place above norths, in what was a crappy season. It was during that last month of 1999 that we also had the famous 26 all draw with Brisbane at Brookie.

Hahaha can never forget the bears cos they were my 1st team b4 they merged n now a proud sea eagle supporter since those northern eagle days.lol..wish nz would have those chooseday football games bak here on sky.lol.good 2 watch those old games

Hopefully not as bad as our resident bear, what happens when cc bears make it in? Question to all the bears out there

I finished supporting the bears when it became northern eagles,and got use to suporting the manly players like beaver, 2v,n that frew guy haha...worth the lean years before making it back to the 8 in 2005.

In round 9 this year Manly played the Raiders.. Choose day night football that week was an old Manly V Raiders game.
In round 12 this year Manly played the Panthers. Choose day night football that week was an old Penrith V Manly game.
How fitting that we have the bye on the week that Choose day night football is Manly V the Bears.

bones said:
In round 9 this year Manly played the Raiders.. Choose day night football that week was an old Manly V Raiders game.
In round 12 this year Manly played the Panthers. Choose day night football that week was an old Penrith V Manly game.
How fitting that we have the bye on the week that Choose day night football is Manly V the Bears.

Hahaha Brilliant

Bradza said:
Cameron said:
Match Drawn it was the last
Time we played those no hopers

Wash your mouth out! It wasn't a draw, Manly won this 28-22 with a try under the sticks to Anthony Colella in the final minutes. It was great being there to put the knife into the bear's carcass one last time. We finished 13th, one place above norths, in what was a crappy season. It was during that last month of 1999 that we also had the famous 26 all draw with Brisbane at Brookie.

Sorry bro

Gee I hated those red and black scumbags. They sicken me still.
Rot in hell norths.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8