Chris Bailey and Tony Williams

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

willstyles

Bencher
I've got to say...I could not be more pleased with our two signings at the moment.

The 150k we're paying Williams seems like an absolute bargain right now, his stock has risen past that in the past fortnight. If he was on the open market right now there is no doubt Souths etc would be weighing in with 250k offers for sure. He's an absolute beast and every week he has a blinder...and it makes the 150k we got him for seem like peanuts.

And Bailey - he's absolutely on fire for Newcastle!! Not going to play 5/8 like Freddy Fittler or Cliff Lyons, but he's a better than decent ballplayer and as a gap-runner...he's excellent. I'm very impressed with the way he's going and he's another one that we've got as a genuine bargain.

Massive congrats to Manly management who have done a f*cking A-grade job since the new crew (Dessie, Crusher etc) took over when the club was at virtually it's lowest point...

Couldn't agree more. Add that to the players added in that time, such as Robbo, Kite, Orford, Bell, Bani and Killer plus the development of the Stewarts, Watmough, King and Ballin and you would have to say that the organisation is doing a good job.

Next season we will probably have the strongest roster imo, we will definately have a great side!!!!

I agree, Williams and Bailey seem like bargain buys.  But we'll be Premiers in 08, so 09 is looking very good as well.

Williams would have increased his value by about 50% over the last two weeks - good timing by our club in securing him and thanks Parramatta for giving him a run in the NRL so he will be as ripe as a cherry for next season.

The one thing that plays in my mind about Williams is that he only left Parra for the massive Manly offer.  That's fine especially where he was at the time, but i just hope that in 3 years time he doesn't leave us only for a return to the Eels or some other massive million dollar deal (unless it's ours)

Canteen Worker link said:
Couldn't agree more. Add that to the players added in that time, such as Robbo, Kite, Orford, Bell, Bani and Killer plus the development of the Stewarts, Watmough, King and Ballin and you would have to say that the organisation is doing a good job.

Not to mention Dave Williams as well, he's been fantastic whilst in First Grade and will definitely be keeping Bani on his heels.

eggson link said:
The one thing that plays in my mind about Williams is that he only left Parra for the massive Manly offer.  That's fine especially where he was at the time, but i just hope that in 3 years time he doesn't leave us only for a return to the Eels or some other massive million dollar deal (unless it's ours)

Egg - history tells us that we do not lose many players we want to keep

The Wheel link said:
[quote author=eggson link=topic=177657.msg187060#msg187060 date=1213654062]

[/quote]

Except Dale Shearer and Ron Gibbs.

Ah good points you guys make.  I'm sure Manly will make it hard for them to leave.  Why leave a winning formula!

tookey link said:
[quote author=The Wheel link=topic=177657.msg187064#msg187064 date=1213654842]
[quote author=eggson link=topic=177657.msg187060#msg187060 date=1213654062]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I reckon both of them ending up regretting leaving - their careers went backwards after they left the nest.

I reckon both of them ending up regretting leaving - their careers went backwards after they left the nest.
[/quote]

That's an understatement.

Ronnie Gibbs ended up in Dubbo!!!!

Chris Bailey looks like a Jamie Lyon type player, only he has the ability to run the gaps closer to the ruck. He's got a good pass but he's not likley to put many into gaps.

In last weeks RLW Matt Johns was talking Bailey up in a big way, saying how he should be starting, and everytime he comes on you can see the side go up a level. Also had quotes from Ben Cross saying he should be starting but that is Smiths decision

Dan link said:
Bozo left too remember

He went to the same Bondi transit lounge as Vautin.  By that time in their career they were both guilty of playing on too long - they just didn't beleive Arko when he told them.

Arko was right.

Not quite right Mata. Both wanted to play on, on more money than Manly was prepared to pay. Fulton had nothing to prove, having just led the Eagles to a miraculous win. He was back shortly after, having played quite well for the Roosters.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4