City and Country Teams

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I know this has been touched on in a couple of other threads but thought we might as well have the teams listed here for discussion. Well done to Horhay and JB on their selection. Couple of ex Sea Eagles there as well

NSW City: Matt Moylan, Daniel Tupou, Will Hopoate, Dylan Walker, Jorge Taufua, Josh Reynolds, A Reynolds, Andrew Fifita, Beau Falloon, Aaron Woods, Tony Williams, Ryan Hoffman (capt), Wade Graham. Interchange: Jamie Buhrer, David Klemmer, Tim Grant, Aidan Sezer. 18th man: Trent Hodkinson.

NSW Country: Josh Dugan, Michael Gordon, Jack Wighton, Jamal Idris, James McManus, Tyrone Roberts, Trent Merrin, Mitch Rein, Aiden Tolman (capt), Beau Scott, Josh Jackson, Adam Docker. Interchange: Josh McCrone, Paul Vaughan, Dale Finucane, Tariq Sims. 18th man: TBA

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/reynoldsmullen-duel-could-decide-nsw-origin-fiveeighth-20140427-zr0ga.html#ixzz309MSBr4d

A totally irrelevant match that lost its intent when country was represented by players actually playing in the country. It was originally a way of showcasing country talent to city recruiters.
Now it is just a revenue raiser that can cause injury, and has no bearing on SOO selection.

Interesting that Dugan was picked. Thought he would of been NSW fullback and rested. No Pearce. Does that mean another year at him in charge of NSW?

Pearce was endorsed as the NSW halfback by Laurie Daley back in February before the season had even started. Good way to give incentive to other NSW halfbacks......they basically have to hope he gets injured for them to be any chance of selection.

BJ is a Queenslander, born in McKay, moved to Adelaide when he was 9. This means he lived in Qld before his 13th birthday .

I too would have thought that as the incumbent NSW fullback Josh Duggan would have been rested for the City vs Country game. I guess his selection is to give him more game time (he's only been back for the past 2 games and could be underdone). Don't get me wrong but I'm kinda glad Snake wasn't selected even though I thought he deserved to be. It means we don't lose him to rep duty and a possible injury while not even playing for Manly.

I have to admit to some kind of shock. I haven't yet seen the usual articles in the Telecrap calling for City vs Country to be scrapped. Maybe they've realised its falling on deaf ears? Nah, give them time......

Well done to all the Manly players selected in all rep teams. Not shocked that Cooper Cronk kept his starting spot in the test side, but DCE would not look out of place in a green and gold jumper with a gold #7 on his back instead of #14.

Aren't Dugan and Gordon ruled out as well?
And who's the Country 5/8...Mullen?

I still like the concept but agree it's rapidly losing it's lustre and may not survive long-term.

There are still plenty of players that seem proud to be picked and, when priced and promoted right, reasonable interest in the game in the bush.

Mates and I have travelled to see it in the past and even trial games pull decently in Wagga and Albury...As do AFL games.

Losing another fixture in the bush, such as City v Country, and not replacing it somehow, gives the AFL yet another advantage out here.

I still can't figure out how David Mead is eligible to play for Country and thus NSW. He played for PNG in the WC 6 months ago.....

I know he grew up in NSW but I thought playing for another country was supposed to disqualify a player from Aussie domestic rep footy for 2 years?

HoldenV8 said:
I still can't figure out how David Mead is eligible to play for Country and thus NSW. He played for PNG in the WC 6 months ago.....

I know he grew up in NSW but I thought playing for another country was supposed to disqualify a player from Aussie domestic rep footy for 2 years?

Last year was a WC year, I think eligibility starts again.

Who won?
I haven't watched the Nein Sunday fame live in years, and these ad breaks are longer than the game sequence :mad:

22.mins in and Buhrer is going well. :) JT is Trex like in involvememt :(

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4