Classic Grand Finals.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Napper

Bencher
Parra v Manly - 76'

8am tomorrow on fox sports 2. Dogs Manly 95 is on tonight(if you like watching ****)

Manly v Canberra 87 9am tomorrow.

I've already scrolled through them ALL Bozo: the greatest win of them all doesn't get a run... WTF??

We feature in '87 and '95.... Watched the '91 Panther's win earlier today: footy has changed soooooo much since then, and not for the better IMHO.

There might be more, but aside from '87 they're all losses?

Ian Martin was my favourite as a kid.
The only problem was what number to put on the back of my jersey - 8, 6, 3 or 4?
I settled with 6 which luckily for Manly and me Thommo was a great player too.
He'd be an Origin cert these days. He was adept at all of of them, a 70's Keiran Foran.

What a time for my Foxtel signal to be butchered... Guttered I missed taping the '76 & '87 GFs...

Ohh how I wish we had a Terry Randall or a Ronny Gibbs in that backrow instead of that big useless lump Tdog.

Awake at all hours last night so watched 1st half of Manly/Dogs. What a punishing game, made 7 linebreaks to 0 yet Dogs score off a Dymock foward pass Joe Montana would be proud of?? Dogs Won it with spoiling tactics, Lamb was smart enough to know anything go's in those old GF's & took advantage - ask Ellery Hanley.
Forgot how good this side was & apart from falling at the final hurdle dominated the 1995 season. Had cement, Spud, Kosef, Ian Roberts up front with a young Beaver already a superstar. Backs were clinical.
Just on Cliff Lyons - he was pressured for obvious reasons but watching him in action brings back great memories. Would put ANY of todays halves to shame with his creative ballskills & timing imo.
That 1995 team would eat up 6 million in todays salary cap.......

That 1995 team would eat up 6 million in todays salary cap.......

It ate up pretty much the same in '97 during SL war, thanks to the ARL reneging on deals to prop up player payments for teams who stayed loyal. That virtually sent us broke and forced the merger to create the Northern Eagles.

1983 v Parra is on in the next couple of days.... havent seen this game since the day it happened and while 1982 Manly Parra often gets a run on these specials 1983 doesnt.

As frustrating as it is watching games like this that end in a loss - wishing Crusher, Eadie or Blake or whoever to get over the line when you know they aint gonna make it.

The '73 Manly v Cronulla GF is on at 12.00pm tomorrow (only 30 minutes long so obviously highlights only, or they cut all the bashings out of it)

'83 Manly v Eels is on at 4.00am Saturday morning.

Napper said:
Parra v Manly - 76'

8am tomorrow on fox sports 2. Dogs Manly 95 is on tonight(if you like watching s**t)

Manly v Canberra 87 9am tomorrow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtuUI2LMR60

here's a sneak preview.
The Moose at the commentary.
Go Manly

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8