Clean-out in 1989?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
http://www.sportal.com.au/league/nrl-premiership/rugby-league-qa/1t43tpq0gxfvz1s9ot058ylfhy

Q: Do Steve Matai and Anthony Watmough really want out of Manly?
A: They would leave tomorrow if they could but the Sea Eagles won't grant them a release. They are not happy and Manly is a team divided. It will be interesting to see where their season goes from here, although they have managed off-field drama in the past.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Peter C said:
Daley called all the players into his office and told them if they were not happy ,they were welcome to go
Peter C said:
We lost Phil Daley and Ian Gately
Er... his own son wasn't happy and left?? things must have been pretty bad, lol

Phil Daley didn't leave because of his father, he left to get away from all the sh#t surrounding the management and other players, he felt he needed a fresh start, but the Gold Coast would be the last place you'd want to go to to regain your form.

tookey said:
http://www.sportal.com.au/league/nrl-premiership/rugby-league-qa/1t43tpq0gxfvz1s9ot058ylfhy

A: They would leave tomorrow if they could but the Sea Eagles won't grant them a release. They are not happy and Manly is a team divided. It will be interesting to see where their season goes from here, although they have managed off-field drama in the past.
3 Jun 2014Manly DailyJon Geddes
Toovey: pair will be here next year

THE Sea Eagles won’t be releasing star duo Anthony Watmough and Steve Matai to play at other clubs next season.

There have been reports that the pair were unhappy at the circumstances surrounding the departure of their good mate Glenn Stewart, who will join South Sydney in 2015.

Backrower Watmough has been linked with a move to Parramatta, and it is believed the New Zealand Warriors are keen to sign blockbusting centre Matai.

But Sea Eagles coach Geoff Toovey has made it clear what their situation is.
“They are contracted here for next year and that is where they will be,” Toovey said. :D

Toovey said he did not believe the continuing speculation was a distraction to the club’s premiership campaign.

There would a hue and cry from Manly supporters if either of the two Brookvale Oval crowd favourites were released by the Sea Eagles, especially in the wake of Stewart’s exit.

A club insider said Watmough and Matai were on good healthy contracts for 2015 and they had to honour those contracts.

End of discussion :cool:

I find it very hard to be excited about a "team" when the players dont want to be here. Why should any fan invest money in a team where their players prefer to be in New Zealand or Parramatta.

Ive been a Gold Season Ticket holder for years upon years.

With the players attitudes where they are, ill always support the team..but may do so from the comfort of my lounge chair.

These players are ruining the experience for mine anyways, and their ordinary performances on the park of late back up those claims.

Does Toovey HAVE the buy in from his players. Seems like he doesnt.

HappilyManly said:
tookey said:

3 Jun 2014Manly DailyJon Geddes
Toovey: pair will be here next year

THE Sea Eagles won’t be releasing star duo Anthony Watmough and Steve Matai to play at other clubs next season.

There have been reports that the pair were unhappy at the circumstances surrounding the departure of their good mate Glenn Stewart, who will join South Sydney in 2015.

Backrower Watmough has been linked with a move to Parramatta, and it is believed the New Zealand Warriors are keen to sign blockbusting centre Matai.

But Sea Eagles coach Geoff Toovey has made it clear what their situation is.
“They are contracted here for next year and that is where they will be,” Toovey said. :D

Toovey said he did not believe the continuing speculation was a distraction to the club’s premiership campaign.

There would a hue and cry from Manly supporters if either of the two Brookvale Oval crowd favourites were released by the Sea Eagles, especially in the wake of Stewart’s exit.

A club insider said Watmough and Matai were on good healthy contracts for 2015 and they had to honour those contracts.

End of discussion :cool:

Any mail on the mood in the camp @lovefooty ?

Awesome news - they both want to leave but are legally obliged to stay. Sounds like the stuff premierships are made of.

Go back 12 months. It seemed to be made pretty clear if snakes asking price was too high,the club would struggle to afford both brothers. Isn't Choc said to be our highest paid player this year?

There is x amount of dollars for 25 players. The more one asks the less there is for your mate. It is great these guys are so close, but seriously one struggles to see what these guys have an issue with.

Like it or not. This is the last year you will be player together boys.

If you have the ****s, that the gift will be gone in 2015, then it might be time to think about giving it to the green turd and his lack of concessions for long term players. If you really want to play football together, that badly, it time to start doing it whilst you can.

It pains me to say it as I love both Matai and Choc, but IF they don't want to be here as reported, then the club should allow them to look elsewhere. I don't want our club to keep them just because they are contracted. I want to see players here who actually want to play for us.

If you read the above article, its the backended payout in 2015 that has them staying.

No other Club would want to pick up Manly's tab :cool:

Next year we will have to revisit this same problem and add Sid to the mix :s

Just hope that Buhrer is signed this year :)

Ryan said:
I find it very hard to be excited about a "team" when the players dont want to be here. Why should any fan invest money in a team where their players prefer to be in New Zealand or Parramatta.

Ive been a Gold Season Ticket holder for years upon years.

With the players attitudes where they are, ill always support the team..but may do so from the comfort of my lounge chair.

These players are ruining the experience for mine anyways, and their ordinary performances on the park of late back up those claims.

Does Toovey HAVE the buy in from his players. Seems like he doesnt.

This is all about the club and not the players, by not going to the game you are pandering to channel Nine and the garbage they put out every week, and depriving the club of valuable revenue.

Ryan said:
RiverEagle said:
Two weeks ago we were cruising as well as anyone.

We had a scrappy WIN against the Noughts, and now one bad game.

All this BS is media speculation (and a fair bit self-generating here!)

It's a long way short of a crisis mate.

It's not the losses. It's the Watmough's claiming he wants to run off to Brad Arthur and The Eels, it's Glenn Stewart complaining because the club can't fit him into a salary cap (would he prefer us to cheat the rules?), it's the Matai's claiming a player revolt, it's the DCE's potentially being paid NOT to extend a contract, it's the Foran's claiming players would think twice about extending, it's the club's refusal to knock these things on the head.

Then, off the back of that is more frequent poor half efforts and laziness. Poor overall attitudes. Guys like Taufua moping around. Guys like Starling getting blue chip playing time at reserve grade ability.

If you ask me, Toovey in his last conference looked indifferent to it all.

Something is crook. Something is very crook at the moment. I can say for the 1st time in years, we are no chance against the team we are going to play at Brookvale next up in The Bulldogs. Our forward pack is a joke now.

Des would have a game plan that has Toovey completely sorted - already. The result this Friday will attest to that.

These players holding the club to ransom, and making terrible comments publicly just suck it hard. They are completely ruining the entertainment that is for a fan. Stop whingeing, do your work...and if they don't like it - ... off, just do so quietly.

Only last year, our players were energetic, upbeat, and LOOKED like they were having fun. This year it looks somber, cumbersome and disjointed - both in attitude and effort.

Toovey needs to make a clear and concise statement about the attitude of these players. They think they are owed, just by being there.

You make a Valid point if any of these statements are true.... i only read them in the paper and hear them on triple m.... just like Foran had signed with the dogs and it had me going wild.... i havnt heard these statements made by the players...

regarding this Friday , even though i dont understand the sports odds , the ball can bounce our way and we still have a good team that appreciate the fans...

i dont agree this friday is doom & gloom , id hate to be near you and your positive comments in a real crisis situation .

it may seem unpleasant after sunday , but we are all still forgetting its still only round 13 , when other teams have been playing well & healthy , our biggest fight is injuries ,we are still trying to get a healthy team on the park...

Seriously, do any of you really believe Watmough wants to leave Manly. Could anyone show me where he has actually said this, I may have missed it. :) If it comes directly from him or the Club then I will believe it. Same for Matai and the others.

marga said:
Seriously, do any of you really believe Watmough wants to leave Manly. Could anyone show me where he has actually said this, I may have missed it. :) If it comes directly from him or the Club then I will believe it. Same for Matai and the others.

This is all I'm asking for too, marga...

Anything more than just media mischief, re Choc, Matai and now they say Foz as well!

Those that want to destabilize Manly (from afar) must be loving it!

Back your team ppl!

Ryan said:
RiverEagle said:
Two weeks ago we were cruising as well as anyone.

We had a scrappy WIN against the Noughts, and now one bad game.

All this BS is media speculation (and a fair bit self-generating here!)

It's a long way short of a crisis mate.

Something is crook. Something is very crook at the moment. I can say for the 1st time in years, we are no chance against the team we are going to play at Brookvale next up in The Bulldogs. Our forward pack is a joke now.

Des would have a game plan that has Toovey completely sorted - already. The result this Friday will attest to that.

Quite the game plan, ala Bulldogs v Tigers 1988, take out the game winner.

Yep - you picked that well, your disdain for Toovey and love for Des is just tiresome. **** off with the past, our future is with Toovey and that game plan pulled the pants down on that treacherous scum dog.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2