clear and present danger

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Well since it is announced that Locky is out... is he really out?
Assuming he is, we now face the prospect of Brisbane's young talented team playing out of their skins 'for Locky'. I doubt if Gillett will spend the whole game at 5/8 but he is a talent and will himself be a danger.

Where they will suffer is in the area of general organisation and calm leadership. This is the area where we must excel to ensure we take full advantage.

This is our first knock-out game ... no prize for second now ...
Go Manly!

Great topic. I am very very nervous. They will be massively motivated to "do it for Locky". I hate that. We must start fast and powerfully and post good early points to knock them off their balance. And then wear them down, relentlessly.

Im more concerned now that he is out......Broncos will lift

On the plus side if we gather some momentum in the match i can see them crumbling

I don't think they are just going to win for "Locky". You win a premiership for yourself, you don't just lift your game because some has been associated with the club for a long time. They also won't have 50,000 supoorters cheering them on.

Must admit when I seen the Lyon & Dessie interviews they were almost willing him on to play. I had 2 opinions on this -
1) They were showing respect to DL to make his own decision.
2) They wanted him to play & were ready to target him all day in defence & pressure him massive when he had the ball. Seen him as a spot player.
Obviously Lockyers gunna do the speech & motivational chat pre game & imo they will be equally as difficult to beat or maybe tougher with a fully fit 17 man squad.

Don't think for a second Manly haven't been pumped for 3 weeks awaiting the opportunity to give Glenn Stewart and Darcy Lussick another game. A grand Final no less.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Well since it is announced that Locky is out... is he really out?
Assuming he is, we now face the prospect of Brisbane's young talented team playing out of their skins 'for Locky'. I doubt if Gillett will spend the whole game at 5/8 but he is a talent and will himself be a danger.

Where they will suffer is in the area of general organisation and calm leadership. This is the area where we must excel to ensure we take full advantage.

This is our first knock-out game ... no prize for second now ...
Go Manly!
No Fear here. they struggled to beat us when we were missing half out team in brisbane with Locky .

Interesting that the Storm are now out of favour. Manly are the premiership favourites now, despite Melbourne playing against rank outsiders this week.

Their entire kicking game revolves around Wallace now they have no other kickers at all. The only reason they beat us last was because of Lockyer's bombs putting us under enormous pressure. This game is ours to win or lose simple as that. I expect we will win. it will be tough but we will overpower them in the final 15 min.

Melbourne pumped them 40-10 in the preliminary final in '09 when they were without Lockyer. In saying that, I think they now have a superior team to then.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6