Climate Change Poll

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Is human induced climate change happening ?

• Irrefutably

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not sure, erring on side of caution

• Undecided - sitting on fence

• Sceptical

• It's a myth

• Total voters

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
On the back of some interesting discussions with my drinking buddies regarding climate change, I was surprised at the breadth of opinion on this subject. I'm in the "not 100% sure, but better to be safe than sorry" category. So was just wondering what a quick straw poll here would reveal about what people thought.

It might be a big ask, but I'd rather not turn this thread into a soapbox on government policy, big business complicity or "my expert is better than your expert" arguments. Just interested in what your core opinion on the subject is and whether you think we have a problem.

16 of the last 17 years have been hotter and amongst hottest (on average) on record - the chances of that being a fluke are so infitessimally small! No doubt the climate is getting hotter and changing. Question is what is causing it. Look at the energy output of Europe and America alone and I don't think there is too much doubt, despite the scepticism of some. If hydrocarbons and fluorocarbons were causing the hole in the Ozone layer, it is high odds that manmade material is having an impact.

Canteen Worker link said:
16 of the last 17 years have been hotter and amongst hottest (on average) on record - the chances of that being a fluke are so infitessimally small! No doubt the climate is getting hotter and changing. Question is what is causing it. Look at the energy output of Europe and America alone and I don't think there is too much doubt, despite the scepticism of some. If hydrocarbons and fluorocarbons were causing the hole in the Ozone layer, it is high odds that manmade material is having an impact.

High Odds or Short Odds?

On record doesnt mean much. We havent been keeping records for anywhere near long enough to use that as evidence.

On a side note I do enjoy seeing the Libs in such a pathetic state at the moment.

Turnbull is such a cock, he just comes across as such a smartarse, I'm better than you type.

95% of scientists think it is a real phenomenon, and I am one of them.  The various ice ages and their opposites have been related to CO2 levels over history.  We now have the highest ever measured CO2 levels, and we can go back hundreds of thousands of years on these levels by taking samples of Antarctic ice.  Heaven help us when the climate catches up to the CO2 level. 

I see the Liberal Party Enviro Nazis are citing melting ice on Mars as their justification for climate change skepticism.  Could we send the mad monk up there to sort out those damned Martians?

Climate change is a crock of S**t.

Global warming is supposed to creat more extremes in temperature than in the past.  Statistic refute this as sydney's highest summer temperatures are as follows:

42.2c in December 20 1957
45.3c January 14 1939
42.1c February 8 1926

http://australiasevereweather.com/links/temprec/sydney.htm

Even Australia's extreme records do not evidence a warming trend

http://www.earthsci.unimelb.edu.au/~blair/extremes/australia.html

Weather is more effcted by the sun's activity that anything we do on the planet other than perhaps the widespread clearing fo natural tree cover and polluting of our water systems.

The Gronk link said:
its called climate change not weather change - they are actually totally different things champ. 

Not being a smartarse, but can you please explain the difference between climate change  and weather change?

The Gronk link said:
its called climate change not weather change - they are actually totally different things champ.  

I am no scientist but isn't global warming (ie the temperature getting hotter) said to be the major effect of climate change?  Co2 in the atmosphere leads to warming of the weather. melting of the ice caps, increase in sea level, liberal party self destructing, John Howard etc etc?

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2