Closing Out Games...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

torana355

First Grader
Premium Member
For a team that has the best halves in the comp we sure need to work on closing out games and keeping composed. The shot for FG from Matai was crazy especially with the new 7 tackle rule. I think DCE needs to take charge, settle the team down and kick the FG in these situations.

DCE was noticeably hurt in a few tackles last night. Still looks like he has issues with the groin, so Foz was doing extras last night :angel:

The humidity can not be overstated, the Boys were up against the conditions and the reputed best defensive side in the competition.

Our field goal attempts were pathetic and Joey needs to start earning his keep in this aspect of our game :cool:

I thought DCE needed to be a bit more composed last night, he was great don't get me wrong….but we grubbered ahead on too many occasions. When he made that great break he should have just taken a tackle and then let foz and lyon dictate the play to see if we could score a try.

I think in those clutch situations DCE, Foz, and Killer should take it in turns to take charge. And Ballin. And Matai.

I the heat of the moment its hard to keep a cool head and DCE is a work in progress. Cronk is ahead of him cause he knows the right play to close out a game.

In 2 big matches this season DCE has been unable to take the right option at the death of a game. He will get there.

If we defend that way we can beat any one!!

GraEddie said:
When he made that great break he should have just taken a tackle and then let foz and lyon dictate the play to see if we could score a try.
Agree. If it bounced right for him, we'd still be talking about it, but as we all know it would've only been the 3rd tackle.

Don't get me wrong DCE is a champion i just think he still has alot of improvement in him which is exciting for us and scary for other teams.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6