Club For Sale

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bones

Bones Knows
In today's Big League magazine:

Club For Sale.... The Penn family haven't been slow in making changes at the Sea Eagles since they gained control of the club at the end of last year, but now Big League understands they'll be willing to sell up if the right money comes along from a consortium. Former owner Max Delmege is one investor who wants back in, but he told this magazine in March that he'd never deal directly with Penn. He did however believe he had enough contacts to raise the funds and strike up a deal.

We're on the verge of a another property collapse which wiped Max out last time around so I'd rather he not be involved if the club was to be sold.

Any business owner would be willing to sell up "if the right money comes along", if they don't then they are a moron.

Question is though, what is the right money ?? and who has that laying around to invest in a not for profit venture like an NRL team. It's a pity Hugh isn't an ego maniac like Rusty, he'd be our best bet.

Any business owner would be willing to sell up "if the right money comes along", if they don't then they are a moron.

Question is though, what is the right money ?? and who has that laying around to invest in a not for profit venture like an NRL team. It's a pity Hugh isn't an ego maniac like Rusty, he'd be our best bet.
Depends - how much they tipped in to being with, how much they pulled out of the leaguesy sale, what they are willing to write off against that... If they made out big time from the sale of the club then it could be less than that rumoured 6M they paid to buy out Quantum. But obviously you'd need to buy out their share then have enough free capital to pay our way until the NRL grants come in...

Please let this happen.

Maybe Max can join with URM & another couple of backers & buy together.

I remember URM wanted to buy in a couple of years ago & the penns knocked them back. It must've been around the time they ripped us all off with the sale of the Leagues Club land. Now they've made their millions, they will sell.

Their time here will go down as the worst in our history (outside the merger of course).

Any millionaires out there willing to chip in?

One thing i would like to know, if there was a spike in Football Club Memberships to a level the Football Club had a million in the bank, or if they were donated money, are they able to still buy shares back off the penns like they were doing when Delmege owned the club?

Our shares buy back has gone quiet the last couple of years.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2