CLUB GOES TO THE DOGS

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

KJEagle

What is Des getting himself in for? The board and directors reasons being put out there for him leaving the Eagles does not make sense. The Bulldogs have been having ongoing issues at board level for years - see the article below from July. Google 'bulldogs board problems' and see the stories.

Maybe he just wanted a change......or it was all about money, maybe not all for him personally but to put in place the systems and people he wanted and Todd G promised him eveything.

Else he has been sold a dog.....

CLUB GOES TO THE DOGS - SMH 16/7/2011

AND now to the public knifing of Kevin Moore by the Canterbury board - is this what the "family club" has now become? Moore has been a dead man walking for weeks - and now the heat must go on those who made the call. In one fell swoop, an era has ended, and the man responsible is Ray Dib - the club's chairman. Dib is one of Moore's best mates. Dib and Moore rose through the Bulldogs' ranks at a similar time after having an association at the Sydney Bulls. Dib is the same man who employed John Elias to collect debts for his personal business. Are the Dogs' management and supporters going to sit by and watch their club slide under Dib? It would appear so. The board not only approved the signing of Moore but also the vast array of stars the club signed as it threw away its "bred not bought'' policy. When Ricky Stuart goes to the Dogs, he should be wary of some of these individuals. All those Dogs fans who want to rip into the likes of Sonny Bill Williams, Willie Mason and Braith Anasta for leaving should take a long hard look at what was done to Moore - the son of club royalty Peter Moore.

I would have thought that Des would have taken that into consideration, and still thought that the alternative of staying at Manly was his least preferred option. Now that says a whole lot.

The grass is not always greener on the other side as they say . Infact it sounds like the grass is full of dog **** out bulldogs way.

Atleast hel be used 2 all the boardroom bickering after being at manly for 8 yrs. And if people think he's gone to the dogs 4 a "challenge" and not the coin are kidding themselves.

If Des thinks he's going to a club where there's a united board I think he's going to get a rude shock. They have a fractured board similar to ours. If Des doesn't bring immediate success to their club he'll be under pressure as they are not a patient mob. You only have to look at Kevin Moore, last year they were saying how good he was and this year gets knifed.

Des may be jumping out of the frypan and into the fire.

I wouldn't have thought there was a frying-pan at Manly. It seems to me he just got his nose out of joint and was offered more money.

Greenburg would have painted a very rosy picture for Des. If the reality is anything less than that when Des arrives (and I expect it will be), there will be some interesting times out in Belmore.

MadMarcus said:
Greenburg would have painted a very rosy picture for Des. If the reality is anything less than that when Des arrives (and I expect it will be), there will be some interesting times out in Belmore.
Greenburg painted a very rosy picture for belmores favourite son kevin moore as well :p

With the squad they have at the moment they will be a middle order (10th - 6th) next year and maybe a little better under Des. That of course is not taking into account any players from Manly he takes with him.

I've always liked seeing Manly beat teams 50+ to nil etc and seeing coaches resign after such a flogging. But in htis case I'd hate to see it happen to a side coached by Des. (And it could happen if he doesn't recruit well and we keep pour core of players.)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6