Coach of the Year

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Frogz

Bencher
Premium Member
Just watching the start of the footy and thinking who may be in line for the Dally M coach of the year.
So I went back thru history to 1980 and Bob Fulton in 1983 is the ONLY Manly coach to win it....Kinda strange isnt it........one in the 80's.....3 GF's in a row in the 90's....a premiership in 08...another in 11....wonder who will get it this year.

Hasler deserved it a couple of times while he was at Manly. Hasler, Flanagan or Macguire should get it this year.

Bellamy for once again cheating and getting away with it. This time their cheating is aimed at putting players in wheelchairs by breaking necks. Such an innovative coach.

Still a long way to go. If the Storm win the Minor Premiership by 8 or so points it would be hard not to give it to Bellamy. If they come back to the field than Des is a chance if he can keep the Dogs in the top 4 and if the Sharks make the finals and finish close to top 4, Flanagan will be a big chance, especially as Rothfield probably coordinates the votes.

I really don't think too much stock should be placed in the Dally Ms, much like the Brownlow in the AFL. If we think the people giving the points out are gooses why do we care who they give it to? In both sports I would have thought being recognised by your peers is more a of personal reward for your efforts than what a bunch of hack journos and ex players voting for their mates means.

Ryan said:
Why wouldn't Bellamy get it? A totally disrupted team, and look at the standings.

Yep at this stage of the year Martina would be streets ahead of the rest.

Martina has 'the best Players/spine' in the league - so Coaching is a moot point.

Flanagan and the Son of Sam don't.

Toovey should get it for being handed the Coaching position without warning a few weeks before the pre-season; and the continued harrasment by the previous Coach to poach the Players that he has :D

HappilyManly said:
Martina has 'the best Players/spine' in the league - so Coaching is a moot point.

Flanagan and the Son of Sam don't.

Toovey should get it for being handed the Coaching position without warning a few weeks before the pre-season; and the continued harrasment by the previous Coach to poach the Players that he has :D

I think we miss out on the finals this year. With his roster (regardless of injuries / suspensions) we should be top 4. I rate our roster quality / depth MUCH more than others.

We should be much higher imo.

We should have beaten those lower teams, and we should have beaten The Storm this week, without Slater.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6