• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
With Matty elliott at the cross roads i would love to see Manly employ elliott. Not to replace Des, hell No but to assist. Have 2 coaches. Des is the boss and matty answers to des. I reckon together they could be unstoppable. Matty could also handle some of the press stuff that Des hates, he is seasoned

He also seems to have a different approach, more of a good cop/bad cop allegience

I also see Des finally getting recognition and see him as a future rep coach. Having an experienced hand like elliott on board should des get a call up would be handy.

everyone could win i reckon

jbb/james said:
With Matty elliott at the cross roads i would love to see Manly employ elliott. Not to replace Des, hell No but to assist. Have 2 coaches. Des is the boss and matty answers to des. I reckon together they could be unstoppable. Matty could also handle some of the press stuff that Des hates, he is seasoned

He also seems to have a different approach, more of a good cop/bad cop allegience

I also see Des finally getting recognition and see him as a future rep coach. Having an experienced hand like elliott on board should des get a call up would be handy.

everyone could win i reckon

hey James not a bad idea.. but wouldnt it conflict with tooves who i`m sure wants the job once Des steps out, & another thing ,, how much would elliot ask for??

hey JJ
there are no guarantees in life so if tooves wanted the job, and manly wanted tooves to do it, elliott shouldnt be an obstacle, in fact he would be quite handy if that situation arose

How much dosh he wants is probaly determined by his opportunities at the time. and cash is a worry too with manly set to record a 500k loss reported in some papers

But hey this is the same forum that has us signing 12 superstars a year so i didnt think i was accountable to that LOL

Look, it's probably not going to happen but it's not a bad idea. Having a seasoned coach around if and when tooves takes over couldn't hurt. Could also help to cover if Des was to obtain rep duties over the next couple of years.

No thanks, I don't rate Elliot at all. Being a good bloke doesn't make you a good coach.

Besides we already have Tooves, Crusher & Kelly Egan assisting Des. Adding Elliot into the mix could cause a case of too many cooks in the kitchen.

I don't think Elliot would accept even if the position was open anyway. He can probably get a HC gig somewhere & the improved pay that goes with it.

I'd like to see Elliott go into commentary, I like his sense of humour

We don't need Elliott. As has been mentioned we have plenty of others helping out and they all seem to be singing from the same song sheet at the moment.

I don't mind Elliott and the media might be a decent place for him, as long as he can cast a critical eye over something instead of being a little too wishy washy which he can be at times.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2