[Resurrected] Colman’s call: Manly “let the wrong half go” calls grow louder as dce and Manly struggle

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
DCE hasn't had decent service since Ballin got injured at the tail end of last year - that's about when his form slump started.

I don't think Ballin ever gets the credit he deserved for the quality of service he gave our halves.

Api has sadly not been up to it so far this year - maybe his off field issues have taken their toll on him, and he will recover, but at the moment he shouldn't be near first grade.

Parcell is a gun and it's obvious how much better we are with Parcell at hooker.

Hopefully having Parcell at hooker will help DCE out of his slump.
Yeah api was luck to survive round 1 he was crap

We had Norman & Semi last year & the year before (with Hayne). Eels still flopped.

It's either what Manly supporters are suggesting , that suddenly, this year, coming out of the shadows of a miserable 30years, the NRL have decided they will fix our games or something else..

We are winning because we aren't leakage as many points as we have in the past.

That's because of an improved attitude & mental fortitude of the pack & the team overall.

Helped with more toughness, leadership & composure & skill from Scotts, Jennings, Gordons reliability & Foran too.

Foran did a lot for us Friday night, defensively & offensively, not just kick for Semi/Jennings first try. I'm not stupid enough to get into an argument with Manly supporters re Foran. He's mud to most here. That's just my opinion.

Our team performances have also been helped because the Juniors, Mau's, Meroa, as well as the Norman's & Semi's are also improving as players on upward curves & the return of Edwards adds more punch.

It's early days, with a long season ahead, so far so good & we'll see how we respond when we hit a poor patch. That will be the litmus test. We responded well to our R1 loss, so, signs are good.

Now it's Manlys turn to respond, though, DCE has no hope if the team keep leaking points & are on the back foot.

Where's the attitude & siege mentality when you need it ?
Well said mate, Unfortunately for us our seige mentality left with all of our coaching staff and hlf our players.

Kreary for $800k, no thanks.

Coote, he wants number 1 on his back, so doesn't fit our needs.

IMO in 2017 we are going to need,

A big go forward prop, I had hoped Myles might do that job but so far not.

Possibly 2 centres, I know we don't want to discuss that BUT the two we have are very much at the end of their time.

Possibly 2 (or at least 1) decent winger who can catch and score try's, remember when we had Wolfie on one side and Robbo on the other!!

Lots coming off contract next year so you can bet we will be in the market for all of them.

Possibly 2 centres, I know we don't want to discuss that BUT the two we have are very much at the end of their time.

Possibly 2 (or at least 1) decent winger who can catch and score try's, remember when we had Wolfie on one side and Robbo on the other!!

Lots coming off contract next year so you can bet we will be in the market for all of them.
We're gonna need a centre for next year if we leave walker at 5/8.

I do not get the Myles criticism. His stats are not to different to say Jakes in terms of metres made and tackles. He is playing like he always has. He is getting through a decent amount of work. He was never a dynamic type of prop so I have no idea what people expect him to do. Yes he appears slow when he hits the ball up but he makes the same metres as Jake T, actually slightly more on average per hit up. I am quite confused.

I do not get the Myles criticism. His stats are not to different to say Jakes in terms of metres made and tackles. He is playing like he always has. He is getting through a decent amount of work. He was never a dynamic type of prop so I have no idea what people expect him to do. Yes he appears slow when he hits the ball up but he makes the same metres as Jake T, actually slightly more on average per hit up. I am quite confused.
A bit more talk and leadership would be nice. He was bought to be the leader of our forwards and last week we saw Vave trying to rile the boys up.

A bit more talk and leadership would be nice. He was bought to be the leader of our forwards and last week we saw Vave trying to rile the boys up.

Myles was off the field when Vave was on I think. They are in the prop rotation together. Myles might be vocal on the field, I do not hear what is being said the whole time. Maybe you do and others do. How do I hear this to form an opinion on his leadership?

The facts are both him and Jake have very similar stats yet many on here mess their pants over Jake but say Myles is crap. It makes zero sense. Stats are not everything, but for a prop it is a pretty good gauge and I suspect Jake plays more minutes as he is a machine.

I fear when you look around we have become like Parra. Here's a list of first grade ex Manly players out there that would be handy to have back.
Gutherson, Hiku, Whare, Foran, TRex, ,Watmough, Ballin, JWH. Don't think any of these guys if fit wouldn't be making our current first lineup.

Personally I'd say JWH and Foran would make it.............Maybe a bench spot for Trex

Lots on here underestimated the loss of Foran. Even on one leg he is one of the best halves in the comp. Fair enough he wanted to leave etc but you cant be mad at him taking the cash. The boy helped us get a few premierships. He has gone to a completely new team, and is already proving himself while not 100% fit.. If anyone fails to see that , then they dont know league.. In saying this however , once the this team gels, I believe DCE will be good. ona Foran v DCE basis who is better??? flip of a coin really. Selfishly id love to still have both but, thats the way the cookie crumbles.

I think it is because he shows no urgency. Jake is playing at lock ATM so he won't make the same metres as a prop. Jake made 145m against the dogs at prop so he is capable but due to his ball skills and motor he is working out very well at lock. 59m from Myles as a starting prop is really poor and not good enough to be honest. Fifita as a starting prop made 230m and even Prior who is rubbish got 135m, to be fair though Myles made twice the tackles they did as he was probably helping Parcell in the middle with Defence. Im not writing him off but he needs to play the ball quicker at least.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6