Comback King set to fire in 2014

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

kingyfan

Reserve Grader
If this doesn't get the blood rushing to your loins nothing will.

The kingman is on the way back

The shoulder that kept Jason King sidelined for most of last season will do little to derail the co-captain's comeback in 2014.

King, who hasn’t taken the field since suffering a season-ending shoulder injury in his side’s fiery round-seven loss to South Sydney last season, says he’s eager to get back into training and will look to use the coming trials as a platform to launch himself back into the starting line-up.

The veteran forward has quickly put a horror 2013 behind him, drawing his attention to next year. King completed his first day of his 13th NRL pre-season on Monday, getting through an intense fitness and weights session.

“The shoulder is pretty good. It’s still a little bit stiff but it’s on track. It’s how it should be this time. I have a little bit of work to do but it won’t be a problem for next year,” King said.

“I just have to build up the flexibility and the range now. Lots of physiotherapy and then increase my strength. I probably wont start my contact work until January. I’ll give myself a little bit of time to build up the strength. It will be good to go come trials.”

The 32-year-old made just four appearances last season, forced to watch on while his teammates progressed through to the grand final. He admits, observing from the sideline rather than running out with his peers was heartbreaking.

“Individually it’s disappointing, Kind said. “You’d love to be apart of the big games, it’s why you play the game.

“Being a local junior it would have been really special to play in a grand final but it’s a team sport, it’s not about any individual and I was so proud of my team to make it all the way to the grand final.

“I thought they put a great performance in but just couldn’t capitalise at those vital moments. The guys were disappointed, I was disappointed, but we’ll learn from the experience and come out firing next year.”

Despite the disappointment of a grand final loss, the Sea Eagles aren’t short of motivation for next season.

“Deep down there will be that burning desire to not have that feeling of losing a grand final again,” King said.

“I know from my experience back in 2007 when we lost the Grand Final to Melbourne, there was more intensity in the pre-season and I’d expect there would be the same this year.”

This is great news. After all, he is our forwards captain, and his job will be to lead by example, and pass his wealth of knowledge to our young forwards.

Come at me 2014!

Hope Kingy lasts the year, he had both shoulders and pectorals operated on now :(

Love his comment about 'not have that losing a GF feeling again', obviously Kingy believes that Manly will be there at the 2014 GF :)

Jason King is an out and out champion. I would love to see him back next year spearheading our forwards and team into the Semis. Even though I'm sure he would have been desperately disappointed missing the GF last year, I'll bet my left (and maybe right) nut that he was ecstatic that the Sea Eagles made it (even without him). He's the ultimate team man.....legend.

I think Kingyfan is actually Jason King posting from the lawyers office where he is doing his law internship. Hi Kingy, good to see you on the net drumming up some interest.

(all jokes aside, i love the King)

With Kitey and Joe gone, i think culturally it will be good to see kingy back in the squad.

Hopefully injuries stay away next year.

My hope is to see Kingdog take the 1st hit up off the kick off in round 1 2014. Wouldn't want to be the 1st defender.

:)

King gets injured in 2011 and 2013.

Manly are premiers in 2011 and runners up in 2013.

You don't have to be a genius to work out how important he is to our onfield prospects for 2014.

bob dylan said:
King gets injured in 2011 and 2013.

Manly are premiers in 2011 and runners up in 2013.

You don't have to be a genius to work out how important he is to our onfield prospects for 2014.

Obviously not very important by the look of it although we did win in 2008 when he played

I think a lot of people underestimate how much aggression he adds to our pack. His early years did lack, but at some stage in his career he just peaked and is a very important member of the team and a very dominant prop

I bet other teams hate him playing and that says it best

Hope he gets plenty of games next year

jbb/james said:
I think a lot of people underestimate how much aggression he adds to our pack. His early years did lack, but at some stage in his career he just peaked and is a very important member of the team and a very dominant prop

I bet other teams hate him playing and that says it best

Hope he gets plenty of games next year

I agree, if we had Kingy and Fa'oso in the GF team we win by 20.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4