Come home Hoppa, All is forgiven

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Brissie Kid

Bencher
I'm not too proud to admit it. Seeing Hoppa in the wooden spooner colours is killing me. It's killing me Jerry!

Come back Hoppa, all is forgiven.

766071-hopoate.jpg

Do feel sick in guts about this but.....he he gets too much coin elsewhere we need to worry about keeping dce and foz.

While I don't begrudge any player making as much as they can out of the game, I'm not interested in having anyone at our club who's single focus is how many 0's are on his contract.

You want Will you also get John.
Parra claims Hoppa Snr will be an assistant coach. I guess that means assisting the players to come up with lame excuses defending their charges at the NRL judiciary where he has more experience than anyone.

$750k a year to collect two wooden spoons. Not bad money if you can get it.

He will back back when Lyon, Mattai and the Stewarts retire

Watching him talk yesterday on fox and he is an impressive young man.

The thing I look at is he is signed for 3 years at parra. Killer is signed for 3 years at manly. I think hoppa will return in 2017.

Will be the best player in the world by the end of 2014.

Parra will improve massively next year, to finish 10th!

CAMBO said:
Watching him talk yesterday on fox and he is an impressive young man.

The thing I look at is he is signed for 3 years at parra. Killer is signed for 3 years at manly. I think hoppa will return in 2017.

Anything is possible, but I very much doubt that we would be prepared to pay him anything like Parra is doing, speaking of that, will Ian Schubert look into the deal between Parra and John Hopoate, it was obviously a sweetener to get Will there.
John could be on a big contract subsidized by Will.

Thats what I like about Will I think he talks and acts like a man of integrity and Im impressed with that . Yes he did leave but more to do with family and religion to some thats more important than footy. I wish him all the best at Parramatta but hope he comes home one day to Manly.

DCE and Foz must be our priorities. Having Hoppa in our team comes nowhere near the requirement to retain the other two.

globaleagle said:
Nah, stay away. Lots of baggage and none of them filled with manly character and loyalty.

I agree.
Even if a player is considered the greatest by critics, but if they have none of the character qualities of what Arko calls a "Manly Man", then I don't care to have them at our club.

I don't care if he speaks well or **** tiffany cufflinks, if they ain't Manly in their hearts, they can call somewhere else home.

I remember how he left.
Said he was gonna stay when he already signed elsewhere.
Didn't take him long to decide when someone waved a five dollar note in his face.

Ramrod said:
globaleagle said:
Nah, stay away. Lots of baggage and none of them filled with manly character and loyalty.

I agree.
Even if a player is considered the greatest by critics, but if they have none of the character qualities of what Arko calls a "Manly Man", then I don't care to have them at our club.

I don't care if he speaks well or s**t tiffany cufflinks, if they ain't Manly in their hearts, they can call somewhere else home.

I remember how he left.
Said he was gonna stay when he already signed elsewhere.
Didn't take him long to decide when someone waved a five dollar note in his face.

The great Beaver rejected many massive offers, the biggest from parra, simply because he wanted to be a Manly man. Hoppa could have done the same and could have been as successful in "LIFE" as the great man.

The simple fact is he has prostituted his Footy Soul by going to the dark side for cash.

Will everyone still want Hopoate back if he is a flop in 2014? I am not saying he will be, but you cannot overlook he has been out for two years and may have lost his edge?

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • lsz
    First Grader

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8