commentary an absolute farce

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kevinward777

First Grader
Wow! That was by far the most one sided, death riding commentary I have ever heard (apart from the Brittish).

When the Cows are gifted an incorrect play the ball scrum and score six points to level the game, Gus says it was Jorge's poor ball security.

Both the Manly tries were legitimate and at the very worst benefit of the doubt. Taufua's momentum got him to the stripe it was clear on replay I paused the image and it was def ok. The Foran knock on they harped on about was also definately knocked back by Thurston, again pausing clearly showed it to be the case, however it was clear to the naked eye anyway.

At least they got 50% of the Cows fwd passes from dummyhalf.

Then Thurston whining about the bad calls. Great game Manly, everyone played their part.

agree, the way they all harped on about Forans hand was amazing. i couldnt tell until i went winded back and forwards a number of times after the match and agree the try was fine.

Sterlo just can never forgive Jamie for leaving parra he is still dirty on him and Manly for getting him totally biased, Gus is an idiot!

I know everyone hates us but these clowns take it to a new level each week. Can't wait for the golden 3 of the Mexicans being talked up every two minutes next week :rolleyes: The Cows equalised on a three error circus and not one was picked up by the commentary team - a deliberate obstruction/shepherd, followed by a JT dive to get a penalty, followed by a JT forward pass. Polish your eyeballs boys.

Just watching the Fox coverage now. Amazing the difference from channel 9. Daley was blowing up about the strip on Jorge in the lead up to the Cows equalizer, called try for Jorge's too.
Even the last "try" Daley & Russell thought it was no try but weren't blowing up about it, even to the point that they said one angle "showed doubt". They mentioned that it evened up the Cows second try after the strip.

I thought both tries were fine. It's impossible to know if Foran touched the ball from the camera angle they had.

The try after the strip on Taufua was far worse. The Cow player even had 2 attempts at the strip. The pass before the try was also looked forward

Yep fox's commentary has been significantly better. Much more level headed Commentary (can't believe I'm saying that about Daley)

Kevinward777 said:
That was by far the most one sided, death riding commentary
Correct.

There were a few forward passes not noted in commentary, amongst other things. They're very selective.. From memory, the last pass on the Cows first try was well forward.
I get the feeling Sterling tries really hard to hide his hatred of Manly/Lyon, but no matter how hard he tries it still shows in his analysis. Thus, Peter Sterling lacks integrity and decorum in commentating Sea Eagles games.

Simply the most unprofessional , biased and hateful commentary I have ever had to endure. Shameful absolutely shameful . Ch 9 should be fined for bringing the game into disrepute .

it was hard, but i was finding myself enjoying Laurie Daley's commentary more than usual. Maybe it was just comparing it to Ch9's shocker.

And how are they about f*cking JT? What a protected species. What does he have to do for someone on 9 to call him on anything?

ManlyBacker said:
I know everyone hates us but these clowns take it to a new level each week. Can't wait for the golden 3 of the Mexicans being talked up every two minutes next week :rolleyes: The Cows equalised on a three error circus and not one was picked up by the commentary team - a deliberate obstruction/shepherd, followed by a JT dive to get a penalty, followed by a JT forward pass. Polish your eyeballs boys.

Was that obstruction/shepherd the one at the 26:36 mark where Bowen had the ball and ran behind Linnett who in turn blocked both Gift and DCE from getting to Bowen who then passed the ball to Thurston?

Jethro said:
ManlyBacker said:

Was that obstruction/shepherd the one at the 26:36 mark where Bowen had the ball and ran behind Linnett who in turn blocked both Gift and DCE from getting to Bowen who then passed the ball to Thurston?

Second half Jethro for 12-12. After the Jorge strip. From memory watch the run through decoy hit Gift and JT runs behind him.

ManlyBacker said:
Jethro said:
ManlyBacker said:

Second half Jethro for 12-12. After the Jorge strip. From memory watch the run through decoy hit Gift and JT runs behind him.

Thurston had already passed the ball forward. The other runners ran into Gift straight after Thurston had passed the ball and they were too far away to have any hope of stopping Winterstein from scoring anyway even if they didn't collide with Gift.

Mal Cochrane said:
agree, the way they all harped on about Forans hand was amazing. i couldnt tell until i went winded back and forwards a number of times after the match and agree the try was fine.

The ref was spot on. Foz went for the ball but it was JT that palm it back.
Fair try. Bring on the storm.

I was at the game didn't hear the ch9 call. The fox call was awesome, heaps of praise for manly from loz. They thought the BOD calls were fair enough. Well done fox.

I'd rather have a crap call and a win, then a good call and a loss!

Plus I tune them out mostly and if I do hear an anti manly comment, I'm starting to like it!

I did lol when they carried on for 10 mins about our last try but when something went the other way rabs said "oh well, no use crying over spilt milk."

Gus just commentates a game as if he was watching from his couch at home I've noticed.

Anyway - relax, we won, we are Manly!

My pet hate from Ray Warren is mentioning a player being a Manly junior (last night it was Oldfield) and then adding "one of the very few local juniors in the Manly side". Said the same thing last week, reinforcing the idea that all Many do is plunder other people's teams. Which is simply not true. Last night we had Oldy, Darcy, Vic and Jason King as 'true blue' local juniors. Add in the number of players who made their first grade debut at Manly and you'll get a good idea of why the team has been so successful.
How many local juniors do the Storm have? How about the 'bought not bred' Bulldogs?

Ron E. Gibbs said:
My pet hate from Ray Warren is mentioning a player being a Manly junior (last night it was Oldfield) and then adding "one of the very few local juniors in the Manly side". Said the same thing last week, reinforcing the idea that all Many do is plunder other people's teams. Which is simply not true. Last night we had Oldy, Darcy, Vic and Jason King as 'true blue' local juniors. Add in the number of players who made their first grade debut at Manly and you'll get a good idea of why the team has been so successful.
How many local juniors do the Storm have? How about the 'bought not bred' Bulldogs?
What annoys me is that the Ch 9 commentary team have all turned into Warren Ryan.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4