Commentators??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MK Eagle

Bencher
The hate for Manly is obvious. Excited when ANY opposition scores & seem to overlook ALL poor calls against Manly yet have the hide to always say the ball is bouncing their way??? When talking about injuries seem to think Manly have none & the opposition is missing several players. This theory will be clear in next week vs Illawarra. Manly will have no Hoppa,Joe T Rex , Rodney & possably more yet they will rave about Illawarra being depleted. Loved when Foran scored the winner last night they went quiet & were real keen to see if he was offside-sorry boys -TRY time!! :p

Big-nose is just so terrible. Hayne love-fest all night. Brandy was at least sometimes praising. It's to be expected though.

What I find strange is the love affair they all have with Hayne. He was thrown into touch which led to our first try, and could also have been in the second half by Robbo if he had an assist. Kicked out on the full twice, out the back innumerable times, giving us twenty metres and possession. Threw two forward passes, one for a try which was not picked up and the last one of the game. His defense was poor as well. He didn't anticipate a kick from Wolfy on the last which led to our match winning try. Poor effort, but all this seems to be overlooked by Daley and his clones.

Sterlo seems to give us a good run in his articles on NRL.com, as does A.Johns, and Gus can be OK, but Fitler and Daley are biased.

Fonz said:
How can you expect ex players to not be biased? It's human nature.

I cant recall Alexander or Daley playing for Parramatta??
John has to be unbiased due to his training with several clubs.
Sterling calls it how it is even against Slimies.

No MK, but they all played against Manly, and when they were everybody hated us.

As Fonz said, its human nature, and they allegedly are human.

If its not the Hayne shame they are raving and drooling over Benji marshall. They all secretly love the tigers

DSM5 said:
What I find strange is the love affair they all have with Hayne. He was thrown into touch which led to our first try, and could also have twenty metres and possession. Threw two forward passes, one for a try which was not picked up and the last one of the game. His defense was poor as well. He didn't anticipate a kick from Wolfy on the last which led to our match winning try. Poor effort, but all this seems to be overlooked by Daley and his clones.

We must be pretty poor then. If Hayne was that bad, and he was clearly their best, how did we only win on the bell?

I love how everyone else is biased when talking up Hayne, the **** people write against the guy in here is even worse. It's nauseating.

I don't see the bias a lot of people seem to. The funny thing is, that if you were to ask a group of supporters from any club they will alll say that they get no love from the commentators and all they do is talk up other teams and they hate us.

The only real bias is us, because we can't accept criticism (warranted or not) without claiming they hate us.

You know some of the fox guys are manly fans, Johns boys love manly and sterlo was a manly fax when he was growing up, as was MG. I dont think its that biassed. Also all of the panel have a massive wrap on the boys if you watch any of the pre or post game shows.

Fonz said:

That is fine for ex players in general however these guys are paid commentators and showing such biases is unprofessional. In business, govt etc you are not allowed to blatantly show favouritism.

Volley, I'd agree with your assessment of how we played. Not very well I'd say. We seemed tired and as you say, we won just on the bell. I'd put that down to a bit of magic from our outside backs. MMM commentators gave Hayne their mom award. Can't say I agree given his errors. You might but I wouldn't.

MissKate said:
Fonz said:

That is fine for ex players in general however these guys are paid commentators and showing such biases is unprofessional. In business, govt etc you are not allowed to blatantly show favouritism.

If it is so unprofessional wouldn't you think it would be addressed by their employer? Also, do you really think that Manly are the only team shown bias? Do you think other supporters claim bias when commentators go on about Brett Stewart being the prince of Brookie or when going on about how good Foran is? Is it possible your rich maroon sunnies are creating the bias bere?

I dont have a issue with any commentators. F**k me you are a bunch of whinging school girls. I just sit down and watch the game and enjoy it. Maybe you should all do the same instead of tearing up if you dont agree with what they say.

Yea we just dont get enough praise,and the love-fest at times for certain opposition players is sickening.No one likes us ,we don't care!

I'm with Garts...

I must be missing something....or have selective listening.

Woz, Loz, and Brandy are a pleasure. Didn't think they were biased last night. In fact I find all commentators to be unbiased except Brandy during Penrith games and Fatty on the rare occasion he helps call a Manly game. I also enjoy Andy Raymond and Mark Braybrook.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2