comp there for taking

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I do believe we can win it but i would not read to much into the Storm and Roosters losses this weekend. We will need to go up a gear in the finals to be a chance.

Inglis on one leg. A Storm team with Finch at #6. Roosters missing Cordner in the middle. Gallen on a crusher tackle. Dogs no heart.

I hope Tooves and the boys aren't thinking along those lines.
I wouldn't read anything into the roosters losing today. They have a far superior points differential to Souths, so next weeks game is still the battle for the minor premiership. Today's game had little meaning for them. Win or lose today they'd still be playing for the Minor premiership next week.
It's for the same reason that the storm were way off their game last night IMO. They also had nothing to play for. I predict the Roosters will be back to their best Friday night and the Storm will be too come finals time. It's going to a great finals series with the top 4 this year.

I truely believe the cards are falling into place for us. The only stumbling block will be injuries. If we can get Snake and Choc right for the finals we can definitely win this. The hardest part will be getting to the GF. If we play Souffs first we MUST win it. If we play Roosters first we will win it. Storm or Roosters in the prelim final we will win it. Souffs in the prelim final if we win we will win the GF. If we do get there we will win it.

One thing last night I noticed about storm is that they have little impact from the bench. Harris is good but only for very short minutes. I breathed a sigh if relief whenever ryles came on, and I'm sure the opposing team does too. Heathcliffe was ineffective over 80 mins. They got more out of him last year as a bench utility.

Cathy!

The performance against the Drizzle, without our most potent forward and our leading tryscorer, has me at my most confident all season. It has shown everyone that in the most important matches we have a fantastic team plus terrific reserves.
My concern, of course, is not getting the benefit we deserve of playing one finals match at Brookie, and getting continually caned in the penalties. The refs are more dangerous to our chances than the opposition teams.

I'm excited!!

The thought of another GF appearance ( and possible victory) has me salivating.

I know why I am a Manly fan, year after year they deliver.......maybe not always a Premiership, but they deliver.

What a team, what a club!!!

That first 30 mins where the Sea Eagles carved up the Storm, racking up 20-0 were absolutely fantastic.

Great to see the Maroon and Whites fire, against one of the class teams who have racked up many great performances in both defence & offence this year!

Hopefully we replicate and improve on that through the semis, prelims and grand final to glory!

We could have slipped out from under the radar..

How does a team score 64 points one week then a week later be stuck on 8 points lol. That's just how good we are.

voicefromthehill said:
effnic said:
How does a team score 64 points one week then a week later be stuck on 8 points lol. That's just how good we are.

Canberra - that is how

It was Parra storm put 64 on.

And another thing, what's with people saying don't read too much into the win it was a nothing game for Storm??
Storm still had a chance to make top 2, the game was very important to them.

effnic said:
voicefromthehill said:
effnic said:

Canberra - that is how

And another thing, what's with people saying don't read too much into the win it was a nothing game for Storm??

My mistake - I don't pay much attention to nonManly games

winnyason said:
Roosters in slump, storm scared of us and souths not bullet proof we can do this.
In 1 sentence you have basically summed it up. Although there are other variables. The biggest being that all teams will have taken their angry pills and lift bigtime in the finals. Anything can happen. Certainly things are looking good, but we have to lift more and give that little bit extra. The refs dont want a Manly win this year as we all know and will be looking to ping us out of the finals. Must give a bit extra when thats considered

ssar said:
That first 30 mins where the Sea Eagles carved up the Storm, racking up 20-0 were absolutely fantastic.

Great to see the Maroon and Whites fire, against one of the class teams who have racked up many great performances in both defence & offence this year!

Hopefully we replicate and improve on that through the semis, prelims and grand final to glory!

We could have slipped out from under the radar..
We could have had 2 more tries in that period. A long break by Jamie & chez did a grubber instead of passing it, then wolf couldn't take a difficult catch in the corner off a bomb.

effnic said:
voicefromthehill said:
effnic said:

Canberra - that is how

Yes, you are right in hindsight. Nobody expected the roosters to lose yesterday though. I'm sure the storm didn't.

2 teams I wouldnt want to play in the first week of the finals would be Storm and the Cowboys. I think we are the form side in the top 4 but the bottom four has some teams to worry about.

We win the first week of the finals and let the rest knock each other out in the second.

http://www.nrl.com/TelstraPremiership/LadderPredictor/tabid/10868/Default.aspx

Even if we 'prefer' the Drizzle as our GF opponents, the predictor above, indicates its likely gonna be a 1970 rematch.

Accordingly we should rest as many of our forwards as we can against the peter sellers crowd. Playing the 'big' Bunnies in the GF wont be easy. them winning the comp is the sort of marketing success that the NRL will absolutely crave. And believe they will have no compunction arranging refeering decisions accordingly.

Our motivation: we have to play the other team, the refs, a movie star, and a spice girl mum AND STILL WIN.:cool:

GO THE EAGLES.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4