Complaint about Matt Ballin

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
Sorry guys, I seriously have to vent here (and I know most are avid fans - as am, well, oh, what the hell, AM I):-

From Manly Daily-
Meanwhile Sea Eagles hooker Matt Ballin has expressed a desire to be involved with a Sunshine Coast team should they be admitted into the NRL in the future.
"If a team was based here down the track, I'd love to be involved because I intend coming back to the Sunshine Coast to live," Ballin told The Sunshine Coast Daily ahead of last night's trial in Queensland against The Warriors.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One of three things here:-

1. It appears Manly have a desire to relocate. Are we doomed to support a team that really wants to move away from 61 years of history and passion (either on The Central Coast / Sunshine Coast)?

2. It is impossible to have an affinity with a player that would prefer to be somewhere else. If Matt wants so desperately to play in a Sunshine Coast team, maybe Heath Le'Strange can show some MANLY fans that he wants to be here, and play for us !!

3. If this is just a young guy, being taken out of context, I hope management read this thread, and coach him on public relations. Yes, it's great to say you love an area when you play a trial there, but to say you'd dump the Manly area if a Sunshine Coast team was admitted to the competition is downright mean if you ask me.

I'm really, REALLY disappointed in the lad. He was one of my favorite players. But how can I support a guy that would rather be somewhere else, and a player that hopes Manly will be torn away from Manly, and relocate to The Sunshine Coast?

I hope the prestige, passion, community spirit atmosphere that is The Manly Warringah Sea Eagles is actually being instilled in our players. I seriously hope Heath Le'Strange is kitted up as our starting # 9 now. He was telling my next door neighbor how excited and lucky he was to get a shot to play with Manly.

That's the attitude we want at our club.

Sorry guys, I had to say something here, and feel much better for doing so. I love The MANLY WARRINGAH Sea Eagles, and hope that all you guys do too.

FFS Ryan he is a kid, and maybe he wants to go home, he moved to Sydney to play footy and will go back up there after he has finished, he isnt saying he wants to go next week.

Any number of players have gone back to QLD after they finsihed playing with us. And he wouldnt be the first player to move clubs.

Firstly he doesn't stipulate exactly what he means by 'involvment'. It could be anything. Fitness trainer even. I don't read it as negativly I suppose.

Given that the current discussions about an NRL side on the Sunshine Coast are being given a time frame of 2018 then I very much doubt he is intending to pack up his bags and leave if he's been reading the same stories we all have.

Its a business after all. Can't complain that he wants to do whats right by himself, but nothing their tells me he's ready to pack up and leave tommorrow if an side gets the go ahead.

So what happens if for some unforseen reason, a club relocates there in the next 3 years, espescialyy with this AFL / NRL war now on in these two states.

You guys seriously can't be happy at his comments?

Are you guys passionate about manly being in Manly or not?

Also Fro, I think point 3 basically summed up what you said too mate.

I really can't see a Sunshine Coast coming in in the near future say , 5 years or less anyway and in that time Ballin may have moved on anyway

What about this then guys:-

2 guys, equal ability both play for Manly. One comes out and says, no matter what, he wants to remain in Manly for life, and that he hopes manly will always be Manly, then the other says exactly what is written in that article.

Who do you want?

I miss players like Toovey / Kosef and co !! Hehehehe

I don't think he was saying "I am leaving the minute a Sunshine Coast side is established". I think you are reading too much into what he said.

The question he would have been asked to get that quote, which you don't see here, would have been from one of the Coasts newspapers who are excited about the prospect of an NRL club up here and all the talk at the moment.

It would have gone along the lines of "Matty, what do you think about the prospect of an NRL club on the Sunshine Coast. Would you ever get involved with an organisation should it get off the ground?".

What do you want him to say, 'Nah its a **** place, everythings ****ed i'd never come here"?

I do not want to relocate however I would rather relocate than merge tbh.

As far as Ballins comment goes, no issue really.  The guys wants to go home 1 day, I also want to move back home to Port Macquarie but that does not mean I am not committed to my current employer.

Cameron Smith was quoted in the paper regarding the possibility of leaving Melbourne, there is no way they would consider standing him down for having those thoughts, same goes for Ballin.  He better get first shot in the No 9, from what I have seen he is a much better player than Le'Strange

1 comment, possibly out of contect and Ryan has lost all faith yet he was one of the biggest supporters of Lyon who has a history of walking out on a club.

I agree garts re balling getting first crack although i was impressed with the tail end form from Lestrange last season and at 21 or so he may well keep improving to become a good first grade player.

What he does guarentee is no willo at 9 this year

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6