Concerned

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Copa Eagle

Reserve Grader
Dont get me wrong, i am happy with our start to the season, the 3 losses that we have had we have been super competetive, and 2 of them have been lost by 2 points only. Although this week against the raiders i am concerned. I missed the Cowboys game but watched bits and peices. What concerns me is George roses antics, and why did Killer opt to not put his hand up for rep duties, he plays his best footy when vying for a position !? The raiders will be very keen to notch up a win and like travelling to Brookvale ! Will Foran be fit ? if he plays we win, if he doesnt im not so sure ! It wil be good to see a hopeful return with Brett to the back, but without Hopoate our backline loses that spark ! This is my crisis :huh:

Im pretty sure Copa that Hopoate will back up after City-Country seeing as our game isnt till Monday night, and we have plenty of depth if Foran is out. Lyon can play 5/8 to accomodate both Brett and Hoppa in the team, some people on this site have spoken highly of Gary Riccardi, however I dont think he will be considered at this stage. I think we should be pretty happy with the 5-3 start to the season after so many experts wrote us off before a ball was even kicked this season.

Most games these days are 50:50 chances, based not so much on the equality of the teams but on the unpredictability of the referees. We would have beaten the 'Boys had the match been played anywhere other than in Queensland. The 'Boys were offside most of the night yet never penalised. We rarely got a break from the refs (the forward pass late in the game from Thurston being the only one I remember). The crowd would have influenced the result in our favour had the match been at Brookie.

Over the next two months the rep season will play havoc with teams. We are not going to be as disadvantaged as some teams.

Basically, over this period, I can see the top sides coming back to the field until their stars return. I think we can maintain a spot in the top 5.

I thought Lyon stepped up when he moved to five-eigth; he looked sharp with the ball and ran to the line with vigour and purpose. Personally, I think it will be great to see him play back in that position if he gets the chance this week. I actually see him playing with quite a bit of passion and steel.

I think Lyon has been fairly disappointing this year, especially when you compare it to his form last year when he was easily the most dangerous outside back of the competition in the first two months. I think people are reading to much in the improved last 20 minutes with lyon going to five eigth, it was just really a lift in enthusiasm and the team lifting when we had a sniff. We did the same thing against the Rabbitohs when all hope seemed lost.

That being said, maybe moving lyon closer to the action will help him get more involved and it will help find a spot of Wolfman and young hoppa, but that means demoting DCE and for the long term benefit of him and the team, I don't think thats worth it. Foran might well struggle to back up from the test match, but knowing this kids ticker he'd have to cop another knock to miss the game.

Let's face it. Jamie is coming to the end of his career. A few years left. He's done the rep thing and has nothing to prove. He's looking after his business that is his body. he doesn't need to be bashed and possibly injured in an origin game. What he needs to do is stay fit and look after his earning potential. Smart thinking.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4