Concussion/Injury Rule

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

HoldenV8

Journey Man
Ok, we all know that in every game so far this season Manly have had the unfortunate situation of losing at least one player per game due to an injury or the concussion rule. This has left the team a player short for most of every game. Its something I can't recall happening so often before, but I know it has happened and not just with Manly.

Currently in the NRL, if a player has to go off because of injury or concussion, that's it, their team is a man down for the rest of the game. Those concussed might pass the test to be able to return to the game or the injury might not be as bad as first thought and that player could return, but then there are times when there is no chance a player will return to the field (e.g. Gutho in Rd.1).

Last year the AFL introduced the designated injury replacement player. This is an extra player added to the bench who can be used only as a replacement for a team mate who had been injured or concussed and could not return to the field within a certain time (I think its 15 minutes. Teams generally play a man short on the bench for that time until they know either way). Once the replacement player enters the game, the injured player no longer takes any part in it. Of course, after that if teams lose a player to injury they just have to wear it and play a man short on the bench.

Personally, I would like to see this introduced to the NRL, especially given the amount of injuries and concussions that seem to be happening across the league this year (and not just those at Manly). That way teams don't get disadvantaged simply because someone got injured or concussed in a game.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4