Congrats to Williame on his 1st Win

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

TokyoEagle

Bencher
Thought that he had a solid game today in both attack and defence. Would like to see how he goes in a little space, looks like he has a good turn of speed.
13 wins from his next 13 in first grade to take him to an even mark.

Congrats on the 1st win in the top grade.

Thought that he had a solid game today in both attack and defence. Would like to see how he goes in a little space, looks like he has a good turn of speed.

Great to see with a very good performance - great contribution and looked comfortable in the team . Now everyone should get off his back .

Let's see what happens next weekend. This week we struggled to beat the likely Wooden Spooners and next week we play the reigning Premiers. I'll eat humble pie with utter joy if this time next week he has 2 in a row.

A telecrap article - the journo obviously had been reading Silvertails - talked to Brayden about social media bagging from his own fans. He said even his own mates have been hassling him and the baggers 'should get a life'.
The negative press does affect these blokes.
I hope he realises that the jibes on this forum are purely in jest and everyone is stoked for him that he got to celebrate his first win and with a try to boot.
Good work Brayden!

Good to see that Brayden got his first win. I don't think he's been bad, and yesterday the defense down his wing was reasonably solid. He's working well with Skivvy but there's still some doubt under the high ball but honestly that goes for either side so whilst it's a worry it's not unusually bad lol..

Hopefully, now that the hex is broken, he wins a whole lot more games.

With any luck that wasn't just the first of 7 horcruxes to be defeated!!

A telecrap article - the journo obviously had been reading Silvertails - talked to Brayden about social media bagging from his own fans. He said even his own mates have been hassling him and the baggers 'should get a life'.
I hope he realises that the jibes on this forum are purely in jest and everyone is stoked for him that he got to celebrate his first win and with a try to boot.
Good work Brayden!

I think someone should make up a banner for the Cow game: "Brayden's Willy Army !!!". That should make it up to him.

Good work Brayden!
I saw it on the NRL website about him reading some negative comments from Manly fans on social media about him being a jinx. He was quoted as saying everyone can relax now.
I would like to think the majority of fans did not think this and like myself were very happy for him yesterday.

Very happy for Hex! I thought he played well and has been playing well all year. He certainly wasn't to blame for the first couple of losses and being outside Matai will help his chances in defence as well as attack imo

I think someone should make up a banner for the Cow game: "Brayden's Willy Army !!!". That should make it up to him.
Who are you, Who are you - Wil I Am
20141009_010950_afafacf_sm.jpg

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2016/04/26/wiliame_breaks_winle.html

Wiliame breaks winless hoodoo

Jacky Brady, NRL.com

Tue 26th April, 09:39AM

1461627985225.jpg

Competition - NRL Premiership Round - Round 08 Teams - Newcastle Knights v Manly Sea Eagles - 25th of April 2016 Venue - Hunter Stadium, Broadmeadow, NSW, Photographer - Paul Barkley

It took 14 games but Sea Eagles winger Brayden Wiliame can finally say he's won an NRL match following Manly's 26-10 win over the Knights on Anzac Day.

Wiliame's losing woes have become well-known over the opening two months of the season and for the most part he was sick and tired of hearing about it.

"Even my friends were always putting it on me," Wiliame said. "It was so good to get that monkey off my back."

The 23-year-old didn't deny his winless career prior to Monday's game in Newcastle was starting to play on his mind.

"The first 10 games I can so no, but when it was getting to that 13, 14 I can honestly say yes it was. It was so good to get out there and get the win finally," he said.

"It was never going to come easy but I'm glad that we got it. I played here a couple of years ago too so a couple of the boys playing for the Knights now were in the Cup side back then so it was good to get a win against them."

Manly fans have been quite cruel on social media of late, labelling the winger a curse to their club's fortunes.

"They can kick back now," he laughed. "Honestly I read some of the [tweets] once and I'll never read them again. Everybody needed to chill out. It's good that it can all end now."

With Brett Stewart (hamstring) and Tom Trbojevic (ankle) injured in the Sea Eagles' 16-point win, Wiliame is potentially now in line to don the No.1 jumper next Saturday night against North Queensland.

No matter where he lines up next, he was just happy to finally live up to coach Trent Barrett's expectations.

"Wherever Trent puts me I'm going to do my best and we'll just what happens. I'm fine playing anywhere in the backline," Wiliame said.

"Trent's done a lot from me. He just said from the start of pre-season that he wanted a big year from me and straight away from that I went on to have a big pre-season.

"He gave me the nod from the start of the year too. I didn't play as well as I wanted to those first two rounds but I felt good [against Newcastle] defensively and everyone seemed happy with my game so that's good."

Wiliame was drafted back into the Sea Eagles' NRL squad after Jorge Taufua suffered a collarbone injury last weekend.

The Woy Woy Roosters junior had scored six tries in his past two games in the Intrust Super Premiership prior to his NRL return and he believes it reenergised him.

"It gave me a lot of confidence. I was probably out of form last season coming into this year. In myself I knew that," he said.

"But the last couple of weeks have definitely reignited my passion for the game. Coming into this game off the back of the past two weeks was definitely a good thing for me."

Everyone seemed to like him in the nines...maybe that can now carry over?

Well done Brayden. Great performance yesterday. Now that he has his first win, he can just concentrate on playing well for the team.

Played solid....handled the high balls, defended decent, worked hard off & on the ball...scored a meat pie - long way to go but a lot of validation that the kid may not be a superstar...but an honest first grader is a better claim than he had before the game.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6