Congratulations on a great game

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DNA

Hi guys. Pity the trophy couldn't be shared because your team deserved it too. When you were up by 10 I thought we were beat. Jennings try couldn't have been prevented and both sides had one controversial try so we really won by about 2.

Both sides deserved the trophy not only on tonight but on the year's performances. We just pipped you at the post but just. When you were ahead by 10 a couple of field goals could have sealed it as you were down our end for a while there. And you would have got the ball back.

Roosters revel in possession. They only needed a bit to get back on the board. To our credit we forced some line drop outs but it was a tough match. Cherry Evans is a great player and congratulations on his getting the medal.

What I was worried about prior to the game was his kicking and in goal kicks but it was the roosters who used kicks more successfully. Your guys kicked straight to us without any pressure. I think with a better kicking game you would have won. We used Tupou and Jennings with kicks.

I wouldn't be upset with your team's performance. We also made some stupid mistakes. Nerves played a lot in this game. We had a very successful year. Club Championship as well as Minor Premiership so we worked hard to get where we are like you guys and I'm sorry there had to be a loser. Your team plays real footy. I'm glad we played a real footy team and not someone like Souths who were overhyped and has some players who eye gouge and stuff like that. I was very upset at your man being tackled without the ball its foul play and rightfully a penalty try was awarded. I was furious with that.

Congratulations on your great year. We've had to wait for 11 years while you've been winning them so I hope you don't begrudge us this win. I know the bad ref calls but we had them all year too. We just had to work around it. A lot of our wins this year came against a hefty penalty count so we had to find it in us to win even with the penalties unfairly against us and we did it many, many times. All the best for next year.

Some dodgy ref calls but your blokes were just a bit too much for us to hold back and deserved the victory. Agreed your kicking game was key here and we didn't handle your aerial threat well. Somebody check that Tupou guy for springs inside his footy boots please!
I think we win when we go 10 points up against anyone else this year. Enjoy yourself DNA, we'll be back at you next year.

Well said DNA.

I thought the referees were poor tonight, but in the end the result was fair. Your team was a little too big and too strong.

After such a tough campaign, the Manly team just looked gone without the ball. There was no petrol left after about 55 minutes.

It's sad to lose, but at the end of the day the two teams that play footy the right way played the grand final. It would have been a travesty to have seen a team like Souths be there on the final day with all their diving tactics and referee favour.

At least we shut Souths out of the grand final, and the other cheat team the Bulldogs were not there either.

The grand final video of 2013 has Manly in it.

Great year Manly - lets do it all again in 2014

NYEagle

You have it right in your assessment DNA.

This game was a fantastic contest and I agree that the kicking games were the difference.

The 2 Roosters wingers are such a threat with the high ball. I think Manly missed a trick by not employing the grubber kick to them cause no bomb we used looked like getting a result for us.

I think also in hindsight that the first final was telling. The Roosters got that extra week off and in the last 20 minutes they were fresher than Manly.

I am sad that Manly didnt win but not unhappy that the Roosters got the prize as they have been the benchmark this season.

2014 is going to be a big challenge for both sides.

A great year for both teams. Thought we wee home being 10 up but not to me. You are right, we didn't kick as good as usual! Tupou receiving high balls didn't work. All in all a great gf and positive season.

DNA, just out of curiosity how much $$$ does one have to slip into Hayne's pocket to get that many critical refereeing decisions ignored? Whatever the amount it was money well spent. His reputation as an incompetent cheat went through the roof last night so i would be guessing at least 20K

Look its hard to dissect last nights game, the amount of SMS's i got from supporters of many other clubs saying Manly were absolutely ripped off is crazy. I was on the 40m line and the amount of Rooster forward passes let go was unacceptable, one of them leading to a try. A good team can overcome bad refereeing against an average team but when two top end teams meet fair calls are needed. I dare say with Fair referring the game could have been much closer or perhaps even a different result altogether.

Now with all that said Manly did not play as well as they could and the Roosters were very strong in the last 20 mins. Congrats on the win and thanks for the kind words, at least you have class in your victory.

The Who said:
What the game proved last night is that you can buy a premiership.

and ref calls.... proof in the pudding and it was for everyone to see

- also i dont think the roosters were that much better .... 3/4 tries were aresy either luck of the bounce or ref calls....

the only positive i can say about the roosters last night was , when a golden opportunity was looking at them , they took it...

our drop balls gave them more possession in field position they couldnt even believe...

in the first half , when we kicked on our 5th tackle ( not our best kicking game last night ) , 2 tackles later their forwards were still behind our defense line...

ref mind bogging penalty decisions kept them in the game !!!!

its bulls##t !!!!

the worst penalised team all year , only gave away 2 penalties in 80mins ( not including penalty try ) .... just wrong !!!

Pretty fair assessment.
I really think we were not as hungry as Roosters & lacked urgency after winning the arm wrestle & skipping out to a 10 point lead.
If only Manly were behind most of that 2nd half it could well have pushed them to fight harder & timed the run later. Seemed to peak, then lose momentum & could not regain it.
Like most fans who dont seem totally gutted, the players have had so much success in recent years that the will to win was not at the standards of say 2008. Obviously dissapointed but were not devestated, due to the fact all have had so much already.
Dont have a problem with the Roosters comeback as they were deserved winners. Refs calls ect can be over ridden by resilience that was not quite there.
Anyone who is a Rocky fan will remember - "The eye of the Tiger"
Still a champion team & with the new young bloods coming through led by Jake Trobovich will get that extra desire back.
Well done to the Roosters - deserved winners on the back of a great season.

Since you mentioned rocky........
Its hard to talk about desire and momentum etc in this fight. It was a battle of 2 evenly matched heavy weights where one was forced to fight with one arm tied behind there back for half the fight by the officials.
Needed a super human effort to come close.

I'm happy for the roosters, minor premiers deserve to win premierships but I will always see this game as one we weren't given a fair go.

Pablo said:
It was a battle of 2 evenly matched heavy weights where one was forced to fight with one arm tied behind there back for half the fight by the officials.
I'm happy for the roosters, minor premiers deserve to win premierships but I will always see this game as one we weren't given a fair go.

Thats an excellent analogy

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4